God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Inspiriational thoughts from the marriage of Mr and Mrs Yang


" Let us not love with words or speech, but with actions and in truth. "

-- 1 John 3:18

Today has been a great and inspiring experience for me. First, it was the first time I am attending a church wedding.

Secondly, the speech of the priest (later found out that he is an assistant priest... but it doesn't matter) was quite inspiring.

I guess the priest has made the occasion more lively with his jokes and he kept on asking the photographers to take front shoots of the couple... lolx...

Some of the things that the priest mentioned:

" 5 years into the marriage..... the couple will say.... aiya... we already married for 5 years already.... I know everything about him/her. But we fails to understand that our thoughts, feelings, interests, etc changes daily with each experience we have. Thus we need to communicate to each other to let known. Do not build up a wall because of anger and prevent each other from communicating with each other."

I totally agree with the above. No matter how well we know about each other.... we will not know everything about each other. It will be for us to explore and find out more more each other very day.

Just to share some inspiring stuff from the wedding booklet that I took back.....

Quote from "First Reading - A Reading from the letter of St Paul to Romans (12:1-2,9-13)
"... Love must be completely sincere. Hate what is evil, hold on to what is good. Love one another warmly and be eager to show respect for one another."

Quote from "Second Reading - A Reading from the letter of St Paul to Colossians (3:12-17)

" ... So then, you must clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Be tolerant with one another whenever any of you has a complaint against someone else. You must forigvie one another just as the Lord has forgiven you. And to all these quality, add love, which binds all things together in perfect unity."

Some funny comments that the priest said:

"Do you know that Adam was very jealous of all men? It was because...... he doesn't have an in-laws!"

"A man came up to me and said, ' I was very happy in my 1st year of marriage. When I went home, my dog will bark..... and my wife will bring my slippers to me. Now, 5 years into the marriage, I am not very happy. Because, now when I goes home, my dog brings me my slippers and my wife will bark!"

Addendum: The priest also mentioned that we should not forget to tell each other what we like about each other and we love each other as sometimes we just need affirmations from each other. I totally agree with it.

So much for the morning. And to end off, I will present to you, Mrs Yang and Me!



More photos to be uploaded tonight after the dinner.

4 comments (click to comment):

Anonymous said...

I like this post. Very inspiring. Let hope everyone will understand more about love -D

Eileen said...

Yeah... i hope so too... That's why I am sharing with people.... =D

missX said...

Thanks for sharing the words and the jokes too, Doggiegal, me likey~~~ ;)

Eileen said...

hehe.... Jasmine.... dont mention it...