God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Guy's Ego

We all knew that the phone was not working well. My dad don't believe what we had said. I don't blamed him for that because he brought back the phone 1-2 years back. Perhaps he felt it was his responsibility if the phone doesn't work. I think I will do the same if I were him. He tried calling the house phone using his handphone many times....

Anyway I was in bed still....... lazing in my bed..... I just let him try.... before I put my foot in. Soon enough, he confirmed it was not working. Mum asked him to fix back the previous phone before this. Then I get up from my bed.... and took a phone out. It was the Philips cord phone that I won in my dinner and dance lucky draw this year. (this reminded me that I still have not use the pizza hut voucher... not sure if the date due has passed....) I passed it to dad and went back to my sleep and just let him fix. He fixed it and he called the house phone. It rang. Mission accomplished. He is happy. And I am happy. Fullstop.


And so conincidently, I check my horoscope for today:

Your leadership role at home or in the community is especially important to you today, but it can also put you in a difficult situation. You know what's best for others, yet they may disagree with your strategy. Using logic won't work as you try to convince anyone that you are right. You may need to let your friends and associates go their own way to discover the truth for themselves.

Sometimes it is better for them to try and fail than we try for them... ....

0 comments (click to comment):