God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Degree Conversion and Payment

Okay.... This is gonna be my last post of the day and I'll turned in early today.

Just received an email from the coordinator of my degree conversion. She emailed me the statement of account for my first 2 core modules (and the only 2) that I am taking. This shows that I need to go and apply my loan soon. Went to POSB that day and enquire how and what are the procedures I need to do to apply for my POSB Further Study Assist. Also enquired whether I can apply the loan since I still yet to clear my NYP Tuition Fees Loan.

Anyway, I have to pay AUD$2,250 and AUD$6,750 by 29 Sept and 31 Oct respectively. So must go and apply soon. She also told me that I can start my online learning from 25 August 2008 onwards. That is like so damn soon.....

Only told my mom in Hokkien the other day that I've going to study soon...... she was like "going overseas? You got money ah?"

"In Singapore lah."

"No money borrow from loan shark lah."


Well, sometimes when someone fails to understand us, especially our loved ones, we tends to get impatient and frustrated easily.

To my mom, I guess she felt that there is no need to study so much. So long you get a job and have a stable job, won't starve to death is good already. And when fate comes, get married and be someone's wife.

To me, it is my achievement and my dream that I always wanted to complete a degree, for myself and for the family. I have quite complicated relatives background in my mother's extended family. And as I have always perform well in my younger days... and one of those few who have completed A Level and/or Diploma. (some of them are dropouts or completed only N level or ITE). I just want to bring some "glory" to the family. More importantly, for myself.

If you were thinking I am doing it for money, so that I can have higher pay. Then I think you are wrong. But come to think of it, how much increment can they give me? $100? $200? Even if it is $200 increment, it will take me 1o years to earn back my S$24,000.

So much so about the fees, my online learning is going to start on the 25th August 2008 and my 1st block teaching will be on the 6 and 7 Sept 2008.

If you ask me whethet I am excited? I have no idea.

Night!

0 comments (click to comment):