God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 5: Bangkok

15th December 2008

Day 5, we went to Siam City Park.

At first I wanted to go to Safari as both of us like animals. But after weighing that we might not get to see most of the animals as the safari as it is a drive-in concept, I think Siam City Park might be a better option. We did not know how to go there. So the only way was by taxi. Yet again, not all taxi knows how to go there. We asked a few before we managed to get one who said he knows how to go. But I was "robbed" of the price la.... apparently he said that he would go by meter, but in the end, he didn't and I paid 800 baht in all., including their "ERP". But never mind lah.... at least we get to the Siam City Park!! We made an arrangement for the taxi to come to pick us up at 5pm bkk time. That gave us around around 5 hrs to play.

We bought the All-day pass, that cost 600 baht and it includes the admission fees, all rides and entry to all the theme park. And this is my pass:


Hmm.... we started off with the theme park first and the first one that I saw was the haunted house, also known as the Big Double Shock. The starting was so dark that I cannot even see my hands, until I have to ask Alvin if I can hold him if I cannot see. And he was laughing la... and said I have night blindness. These are some of the photos in the haunted house:

Should have slanted my body so that I can hide my legs... ...

Alvin was smiling when I asked him to take this photo..... funny meh? lolx...





AHH!!! Vampire!! ^:^"





Alvin's Butt
(not taken on purpose. Was trying to make use of the flash light from the camera)



The whole journey ended with this Guanyin

And a collage that I've made:


After that, we went to the proceed for the Africa Adventure. But before that, we had to cross a bridge and as an animal lover, how can Alvin give feeding the fishes a miss:





And we went to the Africa Adventure:





















After the Africa Adventure, we went to the Dinotopia.


Alvin found it funny when I wanted to take this picture:

Yeah... and I think it turned out funny too.... lolx... but nvm....

After that, we went to take some of the rides and Alvin suggested to take VORTEX!!!

This is my first time taking 360 degrees ride and it has been so many years since I last took a roller coaster. After so much of "emotional roller coaster rides" for the past 2 weeks, this is the actual physical one....

The Vortex moves with speed of 80km/h and shooting off on track longer than 765m. But not for the faint heart!


Me, after the ride

Hmm... not too bad an experience but I wouldn't dare to sit it alone, thank god Alvin was there. lolx.... Well, some part of the ride I admit I did close my eyes but some I managed to see the view. I did scream abit too... but that those LOUD ones.... just those soft ones... haha.... And at one point in time, it stopped and we managed to talk afew sentences before it started to move again. After the ride, my scrunchy from my hair was gone!!! It must have fallen off when I was riding 360 degrees.

After that, we went for a few more rides. But I didn't take photo of that. I think I was focusing of not to puke. lolx... and Alvin said I was slow to realise that I didn't take photos of the rides. But anyway we took all the X-zone rides (screenshot taken and crop from the website):

Giant Drop will move up 75 meter high above the ground and it will stop at the top for a while before it drop all the way down when you are least prepared and slowing towards the end.

Alvin and I were just talking and it just dropped all the way down!!!

This is the Si-Am Tower, a giant high tower, highest in Southeast Asia with 360 degrees rotating air-conditioned room towering 109 meters above ground overlooking Bangkok like bird's eyes in the sky.

Alvin was joking that later it suddenly dropped down like the giant drop. lolx....

Boomerang is another exciting roller coaster that travels both forward and backwards during the rides. It also moves at a speed of 80km/h. And it will turn upside down 3 times during the ride, up to a height of 35m. Again, not for the faint heart.

Condor, will fly you 50 metres above the ground, soaring through the sky.
It is not as scary as the Boomerang and the Vortex but as I was already feeling nauseous from the 2 rides, when the ride ended, I almost puke. lolx....
But to Alvin, I guess there is no kick to it.

Aladdin's magic carpet ride, that spins in a centrifugal way, that makes me just "fly" left and right.

Anyway, before the Aladdin ride, Alvin went to take the Vortex again, alone. Managed to capture some photos of him:






A collage of the Vortex for Alvin:


Soon after the Aladdin ride, we went out of the place as we made arrangement for the uncle to come to fetch us. If I knew that we would spend so long here, I would have ask him to pick us at 6pm bkk time. At first Alvin wanted to play more one.... sorry....

The sunset outside Siam City Park:

haiz.... in the end, the taxi uncle also never come lah..... should have gone in and play abit more. Then we took another taxi back and this time was by the meter and it only cost like 400 baht? And because I was feeling nauseous, I slept almost throught out the taxi ride. Almost puke in taxi also... lolx.... but there was no paper bag.... but luckily I didn't.

Alvin asked if I wanted to go back to hotel first or eat first. Because we didn't have lunch at all, I thought it will be good if we had our dinner first. Come to think of it, maybe we should have gone back to hotel first then dinner, so that we could have stay out abit longer..... but well.....

2 comments (click to comment):

The Malaysian Explorer said...

Thanks for your update of Bangkok, expecially that of DreamWorld. I like your photo essay very much.

Cheers!
The Malaysian Explorer

Eileen said...

Hi Malaysian Explorer,

The one that I went to was the Siam City Park, not the Dreamworld. Dreamworld is another place. You may want to check it out here for the DreamWorld. If you want to check out the one that I've went to, you can click the link in this entry.

Cheers!