God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Shape Run 2008

Finally I went for the run. Got to wake up as early as 5am. Dragged myself off my bed. Wash up, have a half a banana muffin and 1 cup 0f 100+ and went to take a quick bathe.

Took the train to city hall and reached about 6.30am. Went to Raffles City Shopping Centre toilet and there was a super long queue but no choice, have to wait still. Then we strolled to Padang and had our warm up. Before we did that, how about some time for photo-taking?






Afterwhich, we strolled to the starting line..... and if you know me.... Time to take photos again....


Then off we go... running at different pace.....

There is something to be learnt from just the race if you can relate.....

Life is just like running a marathon. There are people "running with you" and you are not alone. There are people who motivates you and yet there are people who discourages you but if you realised, it is not the destination that really matters but how you get there.

Of course you need to know how far you are from your destination (which this shape run fails terribly) then will you be able to plan your steps on how to get there. Sometimes, at certain roads, there may be more "obstacles" (more people blocking your way) than usual and sometimes you do get help to make your journey smoother (water for drinking).

And although my friends are not "running" together with me, but we have the same goals to achieve and I know I will be meeting them at the end point and we'll be cheering for one another. Isn't that what friends are for?

This is also my first time running from City Hall all the way to Marina Bay. On the way, I see buildings that I didn't take clear look at as compared to when I take public transports. Sometimes in life, we just missed out this small little things. Like I said, the roads may be unfamilar but with an open-minded, nothing is impossible, especially with determination.

Okay.... now back to my run.... I wasn't in my top form today actually. Had sore throat, flu and coughing abit. Coughing more now after the run. Had sneeze out lots of muscous this morning, which I think I shouldn't elaborate more on that. During the run, I am just jogging.... all the way.... and I only picked up my speed when I make a U-turn at the 5km mark. Then between 5-7km, that is where I overtake people and get different people to be my pacer. But soon come the pain on side of my right knee and left ankle. As I tell myself - "Mind over Body" As stubborn as I can be, I continued to run as I promised myself that I will not stop unless I am approaching the water point.

Woah... the pain was immediate when I stopped for water. But slight better after that. So I ran.... and Ran..... and ran.... but never reached the finshing line. I guess it happens at times in your life when you tries and tries... but you seems never be able to reach your goal? Then there was this guy who I think was telling his gf/wife that just 500m more.... I was like.... so happy... finally 500m left.... but that 500m seems like 500+500+500 metres can? It was really not 500m.... make me happy for no reasons.....

Then finally.... the signboard says "500m" and I tries my best... but couldn't pick up much speed until the last, maybe, 100m. But was good, timing I think is 1 hr 20 mins XX secs. But have to minus around 1 min as I didn't start at the starting line.

Nothing much after that, we just go and take our goodies bag and took some photos:






After that... we went for breakfast!!!


There should be a bread as well. But it was too late when I realised that I haven't take the photo of it, I had already eaten almost half of it.

0 comments (click to comment):