God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Life experiences

Today, HB shared with us his experiences as a clinician and as a student .

He disclosed quite alot of himself today as compared to the past. Or rather, there were more interaction today.

I always enjoyed listening to people's life experiences/story whether is it clinicians, patients or even anybody. I felt that through people's experiences, I know more about others and myself.

As what HB has said, the life of a student during his era and ours are completely different. There are lesser distractions and more time. Not that his era has more than 24hrs a day but rather, there are lesser time to spend after school hours as shops closes at 5pm, no internet access yet during that time. No such thing as regular gatherings with primary sch, sec sch, jc classmates etc. Thus, that extra time was spent on reading books and journals. Maybe that is one of the reasons why he was so knowledgeable.


Sometimes, when a person disclose themselves, I try to put myself into the person's shoes, though I know, no matter how, it will not be exactly how the person feel. But sometimes, when the experience is similar, I will link back to the similar experience that I have.

Life is all about experiencing..........

0 comments (click to comment):