God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Shape Run 2008


My Shape Run is just

away.......

And I have only ran like twice.... the recent one on Thursday was not very good as I stopped for the first time before I even completed 1 round of bedok reservoir, which is 4.3km.

I had a warm-up jog from my house to bedok reservoir, which took me about 11 mins, including stops at traffic lights, etc. But even before I reached, I already have stitches. I still continue to run jog and apparently it got slightly better.

Just when I was jogging past my 2km, I started to feel pain on the medial side of my ankle. I guess must be due to the impact as well as my slight knock knees. I forced myself to jog till 2.5km before I decided to stop and walk. The timing was horrible. The pain was terrible too.... but got better during the walk. Then I decided to start to jog again after 3.0km. Thus for this 4.3km jog-run, it took me 35:53 minutes.

Maybe I will go for another run tomorrow if I can wake up. I shall have a regular run of twice weekly for the next 3 weeks and 1 run on the week before 20 July 2008. And that means I only have 7 more runs to go. Too bad I don't know how to swim. If not, I will go and swim to improve my endurance which is really bad.... lolx... I guess my last Great Eastern Run 2007, I managed to complete through determination and not so much on my endurance.

That time my timing was 1 hr 19 min. This time round, I hope to achieve 1 hr. And that means, I have to run 15 mins for 2.5km. It seems difficult to acheive that. But well, I shall see how in the next 2 weeks. If not, I guess I will stick to 1 hr 15mins. =)

Wish me luck! I will be back to update in 2 weeks time on my running.

Any supporter/s on that day? *bleh*

Anyway, it will be on 20th July 2008, 7.30am @ Padang.....

0 comments (click to comment):