God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Not-For-Profit Care and Passion

Sometimes these are the people and things make us continue to do things that we believe in ... ... and make us remember what is the reason that make us do what we do.... Not-for-Profit Care..... and Passion......

From 1 of my clients that I've seen before I move over to children side:

To My Dearest OT & PT Quek Xiu Ling, (transdisciplinary you see..... so I am not only an OT but a PT to the client)

Indeed You made me to Achieve What I Lost out of Many Years ..... Words cannot Express Great Of Freedom on my Legs again ..... Tomorrow I will start with slow jog around ....Indeed One must have Faith in You as Invigorates Great Healings!!!! Thank You for making me walk without sticks You will be Feature in my Book of Recovery .....Again Merci,,,,Thasnk You from the bottom of my Heart!! You are Great!!

The Rise Of xxx Again !!!
(name deleted and replaced due to comfidentialty)

Another client's mother:


"You are one of the better therapists that I have seen...... you really "pattern chu gao liao" (meaning try all sort of activities)..... "

"记得回娘家喔。。。。。。"
(meaning going back to adult rehab, using analogy of going back to parent's place)

Other clients:

"We can still go and find you if we want right?"


I'm glad that in my first year in adult rehab.... I've make an impact in people's lives..... Hope I can continue to do so when I see my little mei mei and di di at children side.......

They really make me feel like I am leaving the organization like that..... no wonder SY was asking if I am going for a long trip..... but in actual fact, I am just shifting to another department, which is the next block. =)

But, I really appreciate them for appreciating me, for my efforts are being recognised.... at least by the people at the receiving end.

It's great to work with my clients..... sometimes.... I learnt alot from them.... about life.... even myself.... but it is time to move on.....

1 comments (click to comment):

Eileen said...

For comments left by readers in my multiply, click , here.