God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Monday, October 31, 2005

Letter to D02 Squad 2 .....

When I was looking for some stuff under my computer table, I came cross this letter that I wrote to D02 Squad 2..... almost 3 years back.......

Dear Squad 2,

Improvements are seen day by day from you all but maybe I would like to ask if everyone of you have put in your best? How many of you are ready to teach your cadets once you past out from this course? MAYBE you all would like to think about it! Do you wish to regret only when the course is over that you should have done this and that?

You all are just like a rubber band. You all can stretch to your limits. I believe you can! " Nothing is impossible with a willing heart!"

You all should tressure whatever time you all have now. LEARN as much as you can. You will no longer have the chance to march and jog as a squad once you pass out from this course. You will be alone then. It will be your chance like us, to guide and inspire your NCOs and cadets, just like us, guiding you all.


"LIFE IS LIKE A ROLLER COASTER. THERE ARE TIMES WHEN IT IS UP AND TIMES WHEN IT IS DOWN. YOU CAN DREAD ABOUT THE WHOLE JOURNEY OR ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF IT! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!"

"WHAT IS BITTER TO ENDURE, MAY BE SWEET TO REMEMBER!"


ATC is just around the corner. Are you all prepared for it? Do you all have the I in the PICARD? REMEMBER, it is always good to be prepared for an opportunity than to have no opportunity to be prepared for.

There's still alot for you all to learn. Even I'm still learning as well ...... End of this course is not the end of your CI Life but it's the starting!

" SHIPS IN HABOUR ARE SAFE BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT SHIPS ARE BUILD
FOR!"

As a CI, we should not constrain ourselves to just Drill and Campcraft. We should venture out and learn more things to teach our cadets. We should not just pass down the hard skills that NPCC cadets should have but the soft skills and moral values.
Though there are improvement made, you all still have long way to learn; more room for improvements.

" WHAT DOESN'T KILLS YOU MAKE YOU STRONGER!"

Push yourself and others. At this point of time, instructors should not be the one to tell you what to do now.

" Give a man a fish, he can eat for a day. TEACH A MAN TO FISH, he can eat for a lifetime."

This is what I wish to see at the end of the course.

(end of letter)
************************************

Sometimes, when I think back, I really enjoy being an CI Course Instructor, not so much for it's prestige but because I grew as a person. Though till now, I still do not know why I was chosen to be 1, back in June 2001 ......

But to think about it, I have learnt alot of things that I wouldn't have learnt if wasn't given such an opportunity.

The first course (J01) was one of the most memorable course for that was the time when I had to juggle between my school work and going down to HQ for IPCs....... Still remember how past IPCs were conducted .... though there may be lotsa firing and shooting, I guess it really prepare us for the course and make us think...... There are really "lots of ups and downs"..... Still remember that there were 4 "female newbies" - namely LK,SE,M and me...... and worse till, all of us were JC students ..... I will never forget how we "bia" cab to HQ everyday after school ...... * wonder how is everyone now?*

The next memorable one is of course being D02 Squad 2 instructor...... Seeing how some trainees who do not know alot of hard skills to one at least equipped with the necessary skills to be a CI as well as seeing one who lacks the confidence to one who is able to speak and teach in front of a squad..... And to see some of them who do well as CIs and recognize by most.....

All these memories will definately stay with me for life ...... If I were to choose again, I will still choose the same path, whether it will change my life in JC from 3 yrs to 2 yrs...... Cause, the things that I have learnt and gone through as well as friends that I have made, is far more valuable that that 1 year that I have to repeat in JC.....

Anyway, the friends that I have made in my 2nd JC 1 year are those who made me really enjoy my life in JC.... cause all of you all are a wonderful bunch of people, not forgetting having such great CT......

Wait.... why am I reminiscing??? Isn't that only for elderlys?? Haha... well... sometimes is is good to look back at the fond memories..... something that helps me to move forward in my life ......

That's all folks! Me have to get back to my studies liao.... ;-)

1 comments (click to comment):

Anonymous said...

That's a really long letter. My Squad CIIs wrote us an equally long one too =)

Using rubberband as an analogy is apt. What happens when the piece of rubberband has reached its maximum tautness? Will it snapped?

Just pondering -winkz-