God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

So far so good....

Finally mobility was over......

I don't think I will flunk this practical, it's a matter whether I can do well or not, which is something I am not very confident of.

But as compared to palpation practical, I think I have more confidence in mobility....

But well, I don't dare to hope for high grades, as the saying goes,
" 期望越高,失望越大。”

25 minutes practical, I took 19 minutes with a "re-do" of a station....

none of the floor-to-wheelchair-to-floor transfer came out for me.....

I have lift transfer and transfer board transfer for a C7 spinal cord patient....... and NDT transfer and from sitting to standing for a right flaccid patient......

The "patient" is really a "good" patient .....

But luckily the "C7 spinal cord patient" can extend her arms to support herself when she is falling back.... then I say, "use yr hands to support yrself okay?" Laugh....
Then I try to support her......

There was once, I can't remember which one, the "patient" feet cannot touch the floor.... and I didn't realize.... but luckily before I transfer her, I shift her out....

I think my transfer board one not very good... cos I cannot push the board to under her butt.... but still managed to push her onto the bed.... ya.... that is when she use her hands to support herself.... haiz... the bed was abit too high... thus the board was a bit too slanted for her....

But, still quite okay I think....

But things wasn't that well in the morning and the day before......

*****************************************************
I had diarrhea 5 times since yesterday..... this is 1st time in my whole life that I am worried for my practical exam..... perhaps is because I am worried that I will do badly despite my preparation.....
And well, I have a nightmare... or shall I say DAYMARE..... cos it was in the morning when I dreamt of it.... here it goes:
I dreamt that I was studying somewhere, which looks like a food court to me..... and suddenly realize that my practical may start soon and look at my watch and I found that it was already 6+pm!!!!! (my practical exam is at 5pm....)
Gosh.... and when I tried to contact my lecturers, my phone dropped!!!
And when I was able to contact my lecturer-supposed-to-be, it turned out that I am contacting my JC CT tutor!!!! (i was like... huH??)
And I ask my tutor to ask my assessor if I can take the exam..... and the assessor turned out to be my JC computing science teachers!!!!
What a werid dream..... thus keep me awake will the end of my prac exam.....
Back to reality....
When it was about time for me to read my qn, HB came ......
He was saying, " Last person?"
I was like, "ya..."
Of course I am the last person la.... last day liao leh... haha....
then end of the practical, HL(the "patient") put my rough paper on his table.....
I was thinking.... maybe I should throw my rubbish away... then I ask HB,
" need me to throw it away??"
HB was like,"no need.... I want to keep....."
I was like....... Lolz....

0 comments (click to comment):