God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Red Alert

After today's Biomechnical and Sensorimotor lesson with HB, I have found out that I have Dequervain's tendinitis on my left wrist. Luckily it is still the early stage.

Advices by HB :

  • stop the activity that causes that
  • rest the hand

Well, I do not know what activity/activities causes me to have Dequervain's tendinitis, but it is due to repeatitve use of thumb and activities requiring forceful grasping coupled with ulnar deviation.

So, I concluded that it is most likely due to my SMSing with my left thumb....... and most likely is due to me carrying of heavy weight(i.e. my bag) using my left hand..... (The whole world knows that my school bag weighs a ton man.... haha)

The latter is the most probable reason, I think... but nevertheless, I will TRY not to sms with my left thumb.... and TRY not to carry heavy bag...

TRY......

HB was saying that if it get worse, then the worse case is to splint my wrist to immobilize it....

1 comments (click to comment):

Anonymous said...

hahas~

yes doggie!! you should abstain from smsing using your left thumb ;) dont put too much stress on your left hand =) tc!