God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Quotes

I know I shouldn't be here blogging...... but I discovered a very interesting quote when I was looking for a quote related to animals for my assignment,


" I never married because there was no need. I have three pets at home which answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog which growls every morning, a parrot which swears all afternoon, and a cat that comes home late at night."

- Marie Corelli
Other quotes that I stumble upon,

"Life is short, don't waste time worrying about what people think of you. Hold on to the ones that care, in the end they will be the only ones there."
- Anonymous

"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
- Ralph Waldo EmersonAmerican poet, lecturer and essayist,
1803-1882


"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are."
- Bernice Johnson Reagon American historian
and musician. b.1942

"Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you."
- Anonymous

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. SeussAmerican writer and cartoonist best known for his
collection of children's books. 1904-1991

" Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down."
- Anonymous

"If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"
- Epictetus

"You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel."
- Anonymous

"I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone."
- JavanAmerican poet, (invented gas laser 1960) b.1946

0 comments (click to comment):