God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Happy Birthday Singapore!

Hmm.... I'm having the National Day mood!!! Gonna have 8am lecture and I am still here..... anyway, gonna share what happened today, Singapore's 40th Birthday

Anyway, some of us were locked outside the school... luckily for me, it was only for 5-10 minutes. The security guard didn't want to let us in, as he claimed that they wasn't informed of the event. But after few minutes of conversation with him, another security guard radio com him and then he let us in.

This time round, there were NYP's "goodies bags" as well, but we only took 3-4 for the 10 of us, as we already had our potluck food.....
The following is the photo taken before we left NYP.



We were trying to break the Guinness World Records of the largest number of people signing simultaneously. Intially, it was quite scary pressurizing as the adjudicator was right in front of us.... I We were worried that we might sign wrongly and caused the breaking of Guinness World Records to be unsuccessful. Whenever the adjudicator was writing down something onto the paper, I was like..... was it me? Until I decided not to look at her.

Then, came Adrian and Evelyn.... I We were like... "Oh, NO!!!"
Yes... but don't worry, it is nothing bad la... It is just that we were worried that we might disapoint the both of you. ;p
Thus I tried not to look at you all...

Hmm... and we had our potluck.... my crab mayo nice hor?? lolz... of course nice la... I made one mah.... and well, Hui Hui and me were too full to had our wonderful KFC dinner after our potluck (I had crab mayo and seafood sandwiches) but well, I brought it back.... and just finished eating the burger before I wrote this entry....

We did enjoy ourselves.... we sang.... waved the flag.... basically we had fun!!! Just that we didn't get the seats that we got during the preview.... and the people (those at the place that we sat during preview) threw the confetti thingy at the wrong time.... I'm sure we can do better if we were put there.... lolz.... anyway, our place got better view for the fireworks.... lolz... shouldn't complain much right, at least we are still at the main stand.. ( I wasn't complaining anyway, I am just stating the fact.. hehe.... ;p)

Oh ya, I managed to catch Adrian and Evelyn to take a photo..... actually saw them afew times infront of our stand... but don't know to call them or not... not sure if they were free.... and of course, I am a shy gal!! haha.. LOL...

And I also passed them the token of appreciation.... hehe... hope you all like it.....

And guess what? I walked home when I reached Tampines Interchange..... cos the queue for 293 was too long....

Below are some photos that were taken during NDP... some not very clear... please bear with it.

Evelyn and me

Adrian and us

Adrian and me

More NDP photos will be up at my multiply website.


Please stay tuned.

0 comments (click to comment):