God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Monday, August 29, 2005

Area 9

I was back from Area 9 ATC on Sunday afternoon.
Basically, everything was quite alright, just that I lack company.....
All my kakis were all at Noordin campsite, leaving me strangled at the Bahru campsite....
But was glad that I saw Jian Sheng, for at least I am not the oldest eldest in the campsite and of course, he was someone at least I am more comfortable to talk to in Bahru.

The first night slpt at 3+ and woke up at 5+ the next morning. Almost overslept until Raduah woke me up.

As usual, I like sunrises and sunsets. These thus they became my art of photography. Some of the photos will be posted here soon.

On the 2nd day, brought them for Introductory Tour around some part of ubin. It was a long 4 hrs and thus I thought of playing initiative games with them. The 1st station was at Bermuda Triangle..... and we ask them to be in cirlce and sit on each others lap... The video taken for this game has accidently been removed when I wanted to clear my Cam memoty.....

The 2nd activity was ATF.....
The 3rd activity was at Noordin jetty, it was BSS there... I cooked my bamboo pineapple rice too.

Soon, it was dinner time.... but the thought of having dinner at noordin was tiring... reason being, I had to bring the campers from noordin beach, back to bahru campsite via noordin campsite. Then, I had to go back to noordin campsite. The journey wasn't very short, with upslopes and downslopes along the way.... but the dinner was nice!!!!

Had campfire too.... nothing much to blog about since it is the common activity for camp But the officers were participating too.... which was the rare case....

Ya, had a debrief with my grp. I always think that it was important to share the reflections of what they did with their friends.
I have been trying out different methods to see which is the most effective methods to make people/campers/cadets reflect more.

I asked them to close their eyes, to think about the things that happened for the past few days, having to come to camp after school, moving logistics, pitching tents, etc. Being as a team, with sweats, tears and laughters.... the game that they played together, sitting on each others lap, lying on each other stomachs.... and of course their grp mates..... (can't really remember what else I had said...)

I asked them to strech out their right hand and tap on the person on their right to thank them and congrat them for going so far.....

Of course, not forgetting the promise that I had made to them... the rewards for their participation in the games outside campsite.
First, I made them close their eyes and stretched out their hands. I put a M&M each on their palms and until I have distributed to all, I asked them to open their eyes. They were very surprised. But they were very happy to receive them, though it was only a M&M each. They even thanked me for it as a grp.... even those who had brushed their teeth eat the M&M too...

It is always towards the end of a camp that you will see initiative and teamwork etc....

Other than that, had an unit meeting at bahru from 12+ till 2+

Can't believe how effectively we used our time..... guess it was the best time to have meeting since all of us where there....

Third day nothing much, just need more sleep and COFFEE!

Break camp quite early..... think there was nothing much to blog after that....

I missed the OLD campsite.... small but resilient!

Photos to share......

Sunrise on the 2nd day

Ubin new tour Guide??

Sunset on the 2nd day

Me with the campsite caretaker

Sunrise on the 3rd day

Me on bumboat, on the way to changi jetty

NASS Instructors



More photos can be found at my multiply website.

0 comments (click to comment):