God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

大喜事(The Wedding Game)

Today, I went to watch 大喜事(The Wedding Game) with my colleagues. I had an extra ticket because another colleague cannot make it but cannot cancel as it was already book with my credit card. =(

Anyway, Christopher and Fann has always been my idols since my primay/secondary school time, especially when they acted in 新阿郎. And when I was googling using the theme song: 别让情两难, I saw the theme song that they always play at the start of the drama!



Anyway, my colleagues left first as I still had to see clients till 6pm. They went to had dinner@Aijisan and asked if I wanted to order anything. As usual, I like my food to be spicy, I asked them to help me order something spicy. I took a fast walk to Tampines Mall as I just missed the bus@ the bus stop. By the time I collected the tickets, my food was already on the table for some time and it had "grown". Don't know if the food is too spicy or whether the noodles has incorporated too much air after leaving for some time untouch, my stomach was little upset and went to the ladies. Luckily I managed to catch the movie on time as it was 10 minutes after the start of the commercials.

Anyway the trailer is:



If you didn't know, most of the time, other than enjoying myself and looking at the plot, I usually do quite alot of deep thinking during the movie and reflect on myself or people or society around me.

Anyway, some scenes that left me a great impact (either it was super funny, irritating, disgusting or intriguiting) and those in yellow are my comments:

WARNING!!!
BELOW CONTAINED CERTAIN PERCENTAGE OF SPOILERS. DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU WANT TO WATCH IT FOR YOURSELF, ELSE CARRY ON.

Christopher to Fann when Fann forget to lock the toilet door when she was erm... shitting:

“ 没想到你人这样美, 大便却这么臭!”


WTH..... whose shit smells nice you tell me? lolx....

And there was a scene where Christopher hang up all the Fann's soft toys by the head and rip off the head of another Lion soft toy. She was so angry that she wrestled Christopher on the bed.

IF I AM FANN, I WILL RIP OFF THE GUY'S HEAD! lolx.....

There was a scene where Christopher's house was flooding as the water pipe burst, Fann Wong actually helped him off the tap and to squeeze dry the things that gotten wet. And before that happened, Fann actually "followed" Christopher when he went to buy food and send it to some elderly. This is when they realized that when people actually "let down" their "masks", they are comfortable just being themselves.

Chistopher mentioned:
"I like acting but when camera is not rolling, I don't like to act."

This is so true. How many a times are our lives or people around us putting up masks, either to protect ourselves from being hurt, to prevent others from knowing our weakness and/or strengths or even to get what we want? But when we let off this mask, it shows our sincerity and the true and real us. I believe not all of us are bad. Like in "Live well, love much laugh often", there is always a child in us. Just like when our favourite soccer team scored a goal, without thinking, we will shout "GOAL!" Like a child, we put on no mask, maybe that is why a child is always so innocence. But then again, nowadays kids also learnt to tell lies at a much younger age.


Fann's Dad to Christopher and Fann:

"Both of you promise me something. That is no matter what, never lie to each other. This will grant you happiness."

I guess the learning point here is to be truthful to each other in a relationship/marriage. The more you try to hide the truth, the more hurting it will be for the other party or when the other party finds out the truth themselves, even though you meant no ill intention to hide it. Being truthful also allows both parties to build trust with each other which is very important in the start or rather in the whole relationship.


Fann was saying something to the media:

“ 当我们骗你们的时候,你们都相信。可是当我们说真话的时候,你们却不相信!”

Well, I guess it got to do with trust. When people first trusted you that whatever you said was the truth and when they felt that you have betrayed that trust, they may/do not believe you when you said the truth. Hmm.... isn't that similar to the boy who cried wolf?


Christopher was thinking silently when Fann Wong was telling the audience that they had been lying to them and the wedding was going to be a hoax :

"Don't know if it was because I had said so many lies, it is so hard to tell the truth now."

He didn't dare to tell the audience that he has already fallen for Fann Wong. And that is the truth. Fann Wong left the press conference and Christopher did not know where she had gone to.

I guess it all comes to when a person started with a lie and afraid that this lie is being exposed, tells another lie and leading to lies after lies, which he/she has no intention of doing but is afraid that other/s will not believe him/her. Thus he/she is struggling whether to tell the truth or not. But is when he/she realised that he/she will lose him/her forever if he/she don't tell the truth.


It was only when Fann left, he felt that she is what completes him. He felt so lost and empty without her. He went to many places that they had been to but cannot find her... ...

Want to know more? Watch it yourself!

I'm totally in LOVE with this MV of the movie:





This is another movie that left tears in my eyes... ... not only left... even rolled down.....

Hmm.... I think it is worth 4/5 if you asked me. =)

0 comments (click to comment):