God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Monday, January 05, 2009

Day @ Work

Just now after lunch, there was this cat that just lie on top of the air-con fan(?) outside our rehabilitation department, having it's suntan. It just ignore me and continue its suntanning and afternoon nap.


This is a closed-up view of the cat. This is not the fat cat that I always that photo of, but rather a cat that always frequent our back door.



During lunch time, I happened to see a funny video on youtube:



Update on work:

Today is the first day I started work at 9 - 6.30pm. I was at work at around 8.45am. Looking through my first client's notes. Today was a hectic day in the afternoon. I was seeing kids till 6.00pm. Started to do the paperwork for the day and my manager passed me the keys to the place and that means I can and have to lock-up. And this simply means I can leave anytime I want after working hours. There are pros and cons to it. Today, I stayed till around 7.15pm to clear some work and I can already predict that it will going to be like that for quite some time since I got nothing to do at home and maybe keeping me busy will be a good idea. In addition, most of my afternoon schedules are packed in a way that after I said bye to one kid, I will turn to the next kid and say hi. Thus the only time that I can do my paperwork is the end of the day, but I guess I'm already physically and mentally exhausted by then.

Nevertheless, I do enjoy my work minus the paperwork. As I get 2Ps from it: PASSION and PURPOSE. PROFIT? Nah..... Unless they are going to increase our pay.... if not, profit will never be the reason.

Oh.... just remembered that during the motivational talk, the speaker mentioned that he did a talk somewhere and a parent said, "We shouldn't invest all the money onto our children's education because of 2 reasons. One being sometimes such investments does not have any return. The other one, sometimes the person being invested, does not return!"

As a joke or as a matter of fact, it does happen in real life. Sometimes when we "invest" in things or people (may it be friends, family, clients,etc), whether is it time, money, passion, love, etc, it may not "harvest" any returns. But we have to continue to trust and have faith in ourselves and others. =D

0 comments (click to comment):