God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

SPD Annual Dinner

I managed to hitch a ride from Yoke Lan who also stays in Tampines. We were slightly late because of the jam at the expressway. When we reached, I went to the toilet to get myself changed for the theme - Empire Dinner. We were supposed to dress like some kings, queens, princesses or princes. This is the poster done up by the committee:


Before I changed into the costume, which I bought 4 years ago when I went to Yunnan, China for community service, I took a photo:


And after changing, we proceeded to the restaurant. This is the wall of the stage and apparently this was the lucky draw postcards that we had to choose if our were names were called out:

Postcard walls

To my surprise, there are a few others who were dressed in some Chinese tribal Costume too:

ME and other 3 staff who I don't know which dept they are from


5 0f us

Cassie, my sec sch schoolmate

And of course, this is me, a self taken photo:

白族金花 - 秀玲妹妹

Now let me do a bit introduction of the costume that I am wearing before I share with you all the happenings of the rest of the dinner. The traditional costume is actually for the ladies in Yunnan, Dali (云南, 大理)。 The ladies are addressed as jin hua (金花)in Yunnan.

Now back to the Annual dinner. Okay. With Xiu Ling aka Eileen around, how can there be no photos.......

These are the photos of the ambiance of the restaurant:

The lightings

More lightings

The curtains

More Curtains

View of Singapore River from our 5 pax table

It will be nice if our table are those that can sit 10 pax. Well, I can't complain much as we were late and this is the best we can have.

Hmm.... how about some photos of the dinner that we had? Well, as we were sitting at a table with 6 pax and among us, 3 were vegetarians, we were giving only 1 plate of our servings of our food instead of the usual big plate and we can help ourselves. And that means, we cannot have more servings!!! I am a bit disappointed as that means I cannot have more than what I wanted for my FAVOURITE SHARK FIN SOUP!!!! 1 bowl of shark fin soup is never enough for me.....
Nevertheless, these are the photos of the food:

The Menu

Menu for the night

Dish 1: Huang Ting Combination Platter

Dish 2: Thick Shark's Fin Soup of Fish Maw with
Mushroom Shreds and Bamboo Shoots

Dish 3: Crispy Large Prawns with Wasabi Mayo

Dish 4: Deep Fried Sea Bass with Thai Style Sauce

Dish 5: Braised Chines Mushroom with Green Vegetables

Dish 6: Stewed Ee-fu Noodles with Mushroom and Chinese Chives

Dish 7: Chilled Mango Sago Cream with Pomelo

Our Beer
(so sad.... no wine....)

Me and my beer

Us with our beer!

I've done with the food photos.... time for photos of people!!!

With Shih Ling, my midnight MSN buddy
(1 of the few ppl I chat with on MSN)

With Zhenru

Wiith Waiyin and Zhenru

With Yoke Lan

With Sunita

With Juat

With Yeng Yeng and Juat

With Soo Mui

With Aunty

US from SPD@Tampines

Oh, anyway, I got myself an award during the D&D. I was abit shocked when Alan (the one i/c of the D&D) came over to my table and asked me what is my name. I was stunned. lolx...
Then towards the end of the dinner, they announced 2 awards - Best Dressed and Best Character. And I got the Female Best Character!!! lolx... I think no males are up to the award.... thus there were 2 best character! I have no idea what are the criteria for the award. Nevertheless, these are the photos:

ME and my "Award"

Best Character Award

Well, all of us have our prizes for our lucky draw too.....

We got to choose 1 postcard from the wall when our names were being called:


I choose mine to be:

The Absolute Vodka Postcard

And the back of the card wrote:

$40 Takashimaya Voucher

More photos of the postcard:




Before we left the restaurant, I took this opportunity to take photo with our Executive Director (ED), Dr Ow and Joyce, our Deputy Rehabilitation Director:

With ED

With Juat and Joyce

The ladies!

Photo-taking never ends..... we continue taking them even when we were in the ladies:

Before I change out and back to be a POOR Cinderella


Empress Place?

US!

Random picture

Random picture again

That's all for the picture in The Central.....

The night was still young and we headed to Clarke Quay for some chill out. Sunita showed us around some of the pubs, bars and clubs. As you guys know, I seldom drink and club. Cause, I am not a good drinker and not a good dancer.

Some of the photos that I had taken, while walking around and exploring:

The Clinic
As the name suggest, this bar is actually using the concept of a clinic. Thus, you can see equipments like the hospital bed, operating Theater light and wheelchairs,etc. Maybe can go and explore one of these days.....




The Arena

This seems a happening place. Some blogs that I read, their owners frequent this place quite alot.


Shirog

We also went past this Persian Restaurant and bar, where there was a girl doing belly dancing:




She's HOT isn't it? She can like move every single abdominal muscles so well.... Anyway, we decided to settle for Forbidden City as we just wanted a place to chill out and chat.

Forbidden City
I quite like the concept of the place. A little retro because of all the design. They also have FISH TANK under the bar top and also near the back door. They also have this cosy place where you can just lie down and enjoy a sip of liqour and listen to the R&B songs.

The Entrance

The side bar

The view of the place from where I was sitting

One of the fish tanks

Lights

Me

Candle Light

Me

Me

Yeng Yeng and Sunita

My Peach Martini

Lychee Martini

Chocolate Martini

Apple Martini


At first I wanted to drink either chocolate or lychee martini. But since juat and sunita has already ordered, thus I choose the peach martini. It was the strongest among the 4 drinks that we ordered.

In the toilet, or rather just outside the toilet:



JUST FOR LAUGH!

And..... it's time to go home.


And guess what? When I reached home, I opened the door as usual, then on the lights and took off my high heels. I saw a cockroach dead lying on the floor:

And I have a very strong hutch. So.... I take a look at the bottom of my heels and I spotted 1 cockroach's leg. =X

Do come back for updates as there as still quite alot of photos not in yet. Need to take it from my colleagues.

0 comments (click to comment):