God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sundown Marathon 2009 - Actual Night

Yesterday, went for my first night run. It was at 8.30pm. As the timing was near dinner time, I skip dinner altogether. Luckily I had late lunch/brunch at around 2pm and drink a little Tom Yam Soup with few spoonful of rice at 5.30pm. Got myself prepared, bathed and "dress" in my running attire:

Preparing my attire
(Now thinking of it, this looks like preparing for wedding horr? lolx....)

In front of the mirror

Closed-up

Before I went out, the sky looked dark and started to drizzle. My dad was asking if I'm still going to run as it was going to rain. I told him I'm not sure too as the run was at Changi and at a later time. I got my stuff ready and went downstairs "mama shop" to get a bottle of energy drink to hydrate myself before the run as I don't usually drink water if you know me. lolx. But as I was going past my block again to the bus stop where I was going to take bus 15, I realised I didn't bring my ezlink card. Went up and down again.

I walked over to the bus stop few blocks away to take bus 15 to pasir ris. I waited quite long for the bus, for almost 20 minutes I think. While waiting, thought of someone and messaged him. Apparently he was in m'sia. Anyway, went to take the chather bus when I reached Pasir Ris MRT. And the journey was approximately 20 minutes. When we arrived at Changi Point, we saw lots of people and from the announcement, we were 5 mins away from our race. Thus we hurried to the starting point and put on our running tag and the race tag.

Before the race, how can we not take some photos? =D

Me, Juat and Yeng Yeng

ME!

Me again

I was running quite fine for my first 4km, overtaking people whenever possible. Until the turn at 5km, I started slowing down. I was so happy when I reached the water point. To my dismay, the water point only turned out to provide us with plain water when it thought I saw 100 plus. Well, I still took it as I needed help to clear my throat. Felt having mucus and phlegm in my nose and throat. Damn irritating.

I was just persevering throught the last 4 km. Seriously, it is mind over body. I could feel that my knees are breaking. Just running at my own pace. When I saw 9km mark, I was very happy. Wanted to speed up, but I guess my knees were not helping. Thus, I decided to make a decision to stop. I would say this decision is hard to make. As a person who has Ego problem, stopping just means that I CMI, or rather it has always been a goal that I set for myself not to stop even how tired I am. But yesterday, I did stop. But after each stop, I propel myself forward. Maybe that is what people meant by:

“休息就是为了走更远的路。”

I arrived at the finishing line at about 1hr 25mins gun time. Most probably I took 1 hr 22-23 mins actual time. Juat was saying this is quite good timing for people who didn't train... lolx.. Got my finishing medal, a can of 100 plus and a bottle of mineral water.

And..... it's time for more photos!!!!

Thirsty after the race

Again

Us! I love this photo! It will be great if it is clearer.

The finishing end for 84km ultra marathon.
This is madness but I applaud those who ran.

Me with medal

Posing again

Not again? lolx

Me and Juat

Once more

Finally me and Yeng Yeng

Adidas Sundown Marathon

Balancing Adidas ball on my head?

Trying to carry the ball?

Time to sit down

All of us
(The guy who help us to take this, really CMI. He took like 5-6 shoots using
my phone and Yeng Yeng phone but none turn out well)

ME in the chartered bus back to Pasir Ris

My cheeks looked pinky

There is no more last train to Boon Lay. Thus, I cannot go back to Tampines although it is just 1 stop away. Luckily Juat has a friend who came to pick up up. Thus, I hitch a ride back home. Dropped off at the coffee shop just next to my block. When I dropped off, all the "old man" drinking at the coffee shop all turned and looked at me. WTH. I hate stares. Anyway, I went to buy 2 cans of H2O from the coffee shop. Really thirsty. All the "old man" are watching the FA Cup Final of Chelsea vs Everton.

Just realised that I didn't take a close up photo of my medal. But I really love my medal. It looks so nice!!!


That's all folks! It's already 2.40pm now!!!! Time for lunch! lolx.... =D

0 comments (click to comment):