God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lose of memory for 10-15 seconds

Life can be scary losing your memories. For some 10-15 seconds last week, I was starring at my client and wanted to call out to him but no names seemed to come out from my mouth. I know I know his name. I just called him like just 1 minutes ago.

I was like 3m away, wanted to call him but I couldn't. I walked to him..... and tried to get his name out. It was only after that 10-15 seconds, that his name - xxxxx, came out of my mouth.

I heaved a sign of relief. Maybe there is some "disconnection" of my neurons in my brain or they decided to "play truant" for few seconds. But the thought of not remembering people when deep down you know you know them can be very scary. Signs of aging I guess.

For a moment, I felt how a dementia person felt. If the little boy could speak, most probably he would come and tell me, "I am xxxxx."

0 comments (click to comment):