God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Friday, July 14, 2006

The day that I hope it never comes

Today marks the last day of my enriching clinical xperience.

I dragged my feet to work today... not that I dread about it but I always hate the last day where you had to bid good bye to all....

Furthermore, I do not know whether will I get similar xperience the next time round. So I treassure that very last moment

Well, we took cab down.... cos I was erm... alittle late for train and by taking cab we could also put the gifts into the cupboard and stuff.....

The day turned out to be very fast today and soon it was already time for lunch. LPK turned up for our lunch invitation. He treated us with Rojak, a drink @ coffee shop and a bottle of MUST have herbal tea everyday.

We get to know more about him other than the usual conversations about patients.

The time passed very fast, esp. after MDM. We went to check and ensure all documentations are countersign.... I also went to bid good bye to my patients but missed out my youngest and the most independent patient as I didn't see him today.

The moments that I always hate - saying goodbye to them send a sadness down to my heart. At that moment I thought that perhaps I could do more with my patients if know them better earlier. Or rather, if I were more competent earlier. Maybe if I were, patients could be better but anyway, I bid farewell to this patient of mine who has increaing dependent attitude in his ADLs, esp. feeding. I told him that I am leaving and that ask him to take care of himself and try to feed himself whenever possible. He promised. It is that moment that I felt I was appreciated.

Other patients that I went to bid farewell, all wishes me well in my studies. I wanted to go and see my dementia patient but I wonder will she know what I am saying. In the end, I didn't.

Nevertheless, I wish all of them well.

Now I need to change my habit pattern all over again.... like will I get used not to drink herbal tea every weekdays? Will I get used not to rush for train every morning. Will I get used to ............ student life again?

But for sure I know, I will miss each and every one of them I met there....

(Photos will be uploaded once I got hold of them.)

0 comments (click to comment):