God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Monday, July 24, 2006

Cooking and Mahjong session *update*

Last Saturday, 22 July, J@ce , Hui2 and me, we cooked a meal for ourselves.

Guess what we had?? keke.....

Lunch: grill chicken with cheese (jace) , Fried udon and soup udon (xL), potatoe salad (Hui2)

Nice issit it?? (photos will be uploaded at this entry after I have a copy of it)
Serene joined us soon after we had finished cooking.

The food was very filling...... and delicious... how can it not be delicious? ^_^




After lunch, we started our mahjong session.

During the game, I tried to "get" 十三么......



Trying to get 十三么 - pic 1
My tiles initially

But the best I can get in the end is:

trying to get 十三么- pic2


Well, the game ended when Feran came over. So we settle the "account" first. And well, I lost $3.70.

Another round of majong session started with players - Feran, Serene, Jace and me.
Hmm... we played from living room to the maid's room as Hui2 family is going to have dinner later. As we were lazy, we just lift the mahjong table up and tring to shift into the maid's room. We managed to "squeeze" through the door but there are far more obstacles along the way that we had to keeps the tiles, close the table and move the table. That is the lesson learnt for being lazy. (photos of our laziness will br posted up too.)

Before dinner, I was losing... but soon after dinner, my luck seems to be much better or I can think better? But then again, isn't most of the blood used to help in digestion? haha...
anyway, if i win, i win small small.... but when I lose.... I lose big big... and I feed my adjacent opponent!!! haiz....

So in the end of the session, I lost $0.20. Total adds up to: $ 3.90.

To conclude, we had a fun time cooking and eating. =)
It is a form of therapy for me too.... and leisure activity!

We had fun playing mahjong too, not because of the money but because it is challenging. It requires a lot of attention span, good memory, visual-motor coordination, good postural control (cos the chairs do not have back rest....) and more.....

Of cos, we must not have dysfunction in termination of activity.... if not.... haha....
Opps... paiseh... it is already 1+am.... hahA..... well..... it is good to use such terminology during daily life... so that it can facilitate learning and memory... lol

Hehe..... mahjong is good for elderly toooo....
(Please refer to my past entry on Mahjong- More than a game for the elderly )

0 comments (click to comment):