God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pain

I went for my facial yesterday. And I have to go through a period of pain, i.e. when the beautician "Squeeze" out the oil in the clotted pores or the blackheads. That was a time I guess is when all the focus was at the physical pain. I've forgotten all the problems or worries that I was thinking about few minutes ago. The pain seems to block my other sensations.

From here, maybe that is the reason why some people like to commit suicide or cut their own arms/legs. This gives them a route of avoidance. A route for them to run away from the problems temporary. And perhaps a sense of control.

I guess many a time, physical pain is not as intense as emotional pain. Sometimes emotional trauma/pain can be more painful. There is going to have a module on 'Pain' in my degree conversion but I'm not taking.

So coincidently, just as I was typing this, I saw a friend's MSN PM changed to:

"Pain is my friend, it tells me im still alive."
Not sure what has happened. Don't know if that was just a quote or he is experiencing some pain. Hope he is alright anyway.

4 comments (click to comment):

Armanique said...

wah squueze pimple u oredi tink commit suicide... ur threshold very low leh hahahaha

Eileen said...

aZ,

The relation wasn't about the amount of pain and suicide.... rather, what I'm trying to convey is the relation between pain and people cutting themselves(w/o dying) or really committing suicide, it just a form of escapade from problems TEMPORARY. Cause at the moment, the focus was on the pain and nothing else.

Anyway, I wasn't squeezing pimples....

I got high threshold for pain and heat on any part of my body.... but I have an ultra sensitive tongue. LOLx

sabahking said...

i agree with u emotional pain is more better than physical pain !! how to say.. i think everybody will experience though their life !!

Eileen said...

Sabahking,

what do you mean by emotional pain is more better than physical pain?