God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Money Not Enough 2


Yesterday, my colleagues and I went to watch "Money Not Enough 2". I got the tickets at $6.50 each because Golden Village Club Member has this privilege on every Tuesdays. It has been 10 years since it's Money Not Enough 1 in 1998. One of my colleague and I was thinking that it should not be called "Money Not Enough 2" but it should be called "Money STILL Not Enough".

I got to agree that all of us enjoyed the show alot. Other than the laughter it brought us most of the time, we also teared. It was so close to our hearts, the hearts of fellow Singaporeans. They brought the thoughts and the feelings of common people into the cinemas. That includes things like, ERPs, increasing cost of living but not our salaries, giving money before rise of something/election, etc.

From the movie, we also saw the social side of society, where people have to fend for themselves. Something that I was getting emotional with, is the greatness of Mother's Love. I remembered that there was a part when the elder son, acted by Hui Ge, who got into problem because of the product that he is MLM-ing.....

He asked the mother,

"If I am no longer the manager, will you look down on me."

The mother replied,

"No matter what happens, you are still my son."

In another scene, the mother was rather upset. Her friends asked her what happened.... she said she is very upset. Her children is borrowing money from her. She added that she is upset not because her children is borrowing money from her but because she cannot help them as much as she wanted as she has no more money. Thus, the friends taught her to go to beg. And she did. She was caught and send to the Police. The children came and pick her and they were all scolding her..... telling her off.... and asking her not to "throw" their "faces"... ... little did they know that she is doing all for their sake.

Next, is the cruelty of life that I am going to talk about. When one grows old and get married, one has to take care of their "new family" - the spouse and the children. Often than not, we forgotten that we were once a child and taken care of by our parents. We try to give the best to our children and yet we forgotten that we were given the best by our parents too. Yet again, this is the cruelty of our society - the sandwich generation. We can see that the mother is willing to sleep next to the toilet and EVEN inside the toilet, to whichever is convenient to her children.

The scene that affecting me the most is when Jack Neo's daughter is involved in an accident and require O- blood type. The only 2 bags were to be used on Jack Neo's mother. Upon knowing, Jack's wife went to the mother-in-law's ICU and wanted to snatch away the blood. Jack's mother upon seeing and hearing, she decided to end her life by removing the ventilator, so that the blood can be used to save her granddaughter.

THIS IS WHAT I CALL GREAT MOTHER LOVE.


Next, I want to talk about how GOOD Vivian Lai is in the movie. I believe that such wife does exist.



This wife of Mark Lee, takes the SHIT of Mark Lee. Vivian Lai helped to cover for Mark when he was caught speeding. And when she was arrested, this UNFAITHFUL husband still yet go and enjoy himself in GEYLANG. Whether he has sex with prostitute or not, it was not shown but I think he did. He went home drunk, with lipstick on his shirt, and perfume smell. A condom fell of from his pants.

To add on to that, Mark threw up on Vivian. He scolded her and told her off, saying that if he comes back, she should consider it good already. He even said she is smelly and asked her to go and bathe before she go and sleep. WTH.....

I remembered 2 scenes very clearly... ...

One scene is outside the subordinate court. Vivian said,

"You know I no need to depend on you. I just want you to care for me."

This line just struck me on what some women wants. They do not need their husband to give them alot of gifts. They just want the care and concern from the husband. That is what all they ask for.


The other scene is when the wife embezzle the company fund for Mark's sake. Yet again, Mark scolded her for being "kaypo", poking her nose into "Man's Business". And asked them to put her into jail. He scolded her for "throwing his face". Mark said that Vivian don't even dare to kill ants or something. How would her have the gut to embezzle money.

Sometimes, guys fail to understand that some gals will go all out to help the one that they love. From Mark, we can also see that sometimes guys do not know how to show their emotions and does not want to show their weakness to the people that they love. To them, they feel that they should be the strong power, to protect the people that they love. And when the loved ones helped them and get into trouble, they feel that they are not protecting the loved ones and got them into trouble. They scold the loved ones..... not because they want to..... but because they do not know to say "sorry" in a better way.

This is what I call GOOD WIFE that GUYS often take for granted.


What I like to highlight here is also the power of family. From Hui Ge's family, we can see that when 1 family working hard together, towards a common goal. One does not need to be rich to be happy. Being together during good and bad times, is already a happiness.

This show, to some, maybe just something to laugh about and forgotten. To me, this will be something for me to ponder for while sometime. Even now, I am still quite effected by the show. Die..... getting more and more emotional nowadays. You all may say this is just a movie. But this protrays the voice of people and the life of people in Singapore today.

10 comments (click to comment):

=chuan guan= said...

it is really a gd show...thumb up..lot moral values in it

Eileen said...

Chuanguan,
Yes.... it is a good show. =P

missX said...

Doggiegal, I haven't watched but thanks for the highlights. I love those things to ponder :)

Anonymous said...

I haven watch the movie though.

However I really all the way agree with what you say.

Although guys do at time is slow at stuff. But we still try our best =)

Eileen said...

JustJasmine,
Sorry if it became a spoiler.... should go and catch it if you can. I LOVE to ponder... but it is not good if it gets too DEEP.... and for too LONG....

Eileen said...

Hamsterlord,
haha... what u mean by guys are slow at stuff? like what? lolx....

Anonymous said...

I guess should meant sensitive?

No idea, what I`m thinking after reading your post. I also become emo when u mention such wife exist.

Good girl are hard to catch. Worst when I dunno how to catch. >.<

Eileen said...

hamsterlord,

I guess there are still such gals around... maybe... just to see if you meet them.

There are still girls who don't expect much. They just want someone to be there for them and care for them, like what Vivian has said,she does not need someone to support her financially as she can support herself but someone to care for her.

well.....

Anonymous said...

Well..... I like one currently. However I dunno how to approach. I`m those shy type.....so it like mission impossible.

XD

Was wondering are you single. =P

Eileen said...

well.... I guess the first approach is to say hi to her? You will never know what it can get you to right?

Hmmm.... as for whether I am single or not..... from my blog... what do u think? lolx...