God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Who has bring joy to who?

Sometimes, someday, I am just moody... ...

Things get me down..... work, school, social life,etc. But sometimes, when I see the children at work... ... Some just brighten my day... ...

I wonder at the end of the day, who has helped who... ... who has brighten up whose life... ...

Some examples:

A conversation with a child with autism:

I'm pointing to a marble in a theraputty (dough like material but with different resistance) and said "Do you know what is it?"

He replied, "Ballll" in a muffled voice. His speech was quite slang so I couldn't really pick up. So to make sure I understood him, I asked again, "huh?"

He said, "Ball....Ball..... Are you bad in hearing?"

I was speechless.


With another child with autism:

This child seems to be a child with alot of emotions in him but he has very limited speech. I have always felt that he has alot to tell me but he just cannot express himself. But he always seems happy to see me. In my sessions, he is always smiling away....

Sometimes he will just look at you.... right in the eyes.... sometimes, he will just try to touch you in the face....

But when I see how happy he was.... I was happy too. I was glad that I've made him happy... at least for 45 mins of his life... ....

So.....

At the end of the day......

Who has bring joy to who?

On the other hand, when you felt sad that something has happened.... have we thought that when we feel sad..... we might have also undirectly caused sadness in others without realising it?

Then, who has brought life to who? =P

4 comments (click to comment):

missX said...

I'm all smiling now, I hope I'm indirectly causing you happiness now, just like those little ones ;P

Eileen said...

haha... thanks Jas... I'm sure you just did. =D

Unknown said...

This been a topic long in my mind. I tend to be sad the moment my brain flash an image of a girl I like. It took quite an short while to resume my normal self.

Life was meant to be happy but yet me myself cannot explain why do we feel sad too. =)

This entry is quite inspiring and refreshing to me too. =)

Eileen said...

2nd-Hamsterlord :
That is the amazing part of emotions. When people close to you feel sad... you can't help but feel sad too...

When you bring a smile to someone, it will bring a smile to others too. Try to smile to someone you see on the road.... or someone you've helped or has helped you.
It will be surprised! =)