God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Burnout

What exactly is burnout?

According to Wikipedia, burnout is "a psychological term for the experience of long-term exhaustion and diminished interest (depersonalization or cynicism), usually in the context of work. It is also used as an English slang term to mean exhaustion. Burnout is often construed as the result of a period of expending too much effort at work while having too little recovery"

It was also reported that "health care workers are often prone to burnout. Cordes and Doherty (1993), in their study of employees within this industry, found that workers who have frequent intense or emotionally charged interactions with others are more susceptible to burnout."

I don't know if I am experiencing burnout, but I just know that I am very tired... ... caring for my clients, caring for my loved ones.... caring for friends..... caring for people who are important to me. Neither do I know if I had chronic fatigue syndrome. Everything is just so tiring... ....

I guess I just needed my breaks so much... .... for me to re-charge.... from my life... ...

Does everyone needs to be appreciated for what they have done?

I am just tired... .... of....... everything... ...

0 comments (click to comment):