God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Happy Teachers' Day

Happy Teachers' Day to anyone who teaches......

I was invited to the Ngee Ann Secondary Annual Teachers' Day Dinner. Ngee Ann Primary teachers were there as well. Both Ngee Ann Primary and Secondary falls under Ngee Ann Kongsi.

I was quite inspired by what the Principal of Ngee Ann Primary School says during her speech:


" You can count the number of seeds in an apple.
But you cannot count the number of apples from a seed."
Mr Richard Lee was there too. I always remember him as the tall man since I was in secondary school. He was always present during Speech Day aka award presentation day back in NASS.
oh ya, he was the one who gave out the first few top prizes for the lucky draw and guess what?? The lucky draw number that he drew for the 1st prize was his!!! And before that, he jokingly said that:
" Every year the primary school teachers will ask me to draw from primary school and the secondary school teachers will ask me to draw from the secondary school. Today, I shall keep the prize for myself."
He was shocked too. He donated out the 1st prize which is a mp3 if I am not wrong.... worth $400.....
That's all folk! Some pictures to share....


Ridzwan, Lup Peng and me

Me and Lup Peng

ME!!

Addendum: Happy Teachers' Day to Zac. Thanks for all the things that you have taught us....
Thanks to A and E for being so patience with us during the sign language practice. =P
Thanks to people like Danping, Yurong, Nicole, San San, Wendy, Ai Ching... who has taught me alot of things few years back....
Thanks to others who has teaches me before, may it be a hard skill or soft skill or even way of life....

Without you all, there wouldn't be the current me....

Happy Teachers' Day, once again.

2 comments (click to comment):

Anonymous said...

Hieee Xiuling,

I think I like your new blog layout, looks so cool! Anyway, the times when I taught you things was too far away for me to remember. You taught me lots of things during our OEP trip last year too. Nice of you to remember this day for teachers... =)

Eileen said...

yo... thanks... the background is actually taken from noordin campsite... last year during the 1st JPC that OEPians handled... i really missed those days man... Did I teach you any thing in China?? seems like i don't remember too.... but it is usually the one who receives the teachings or good deed will remember... lolz...