God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Daylight robbery

I was at the regional library just now. Wanted to print my creativity assignment.... no other place near my house am I able to print them.

So I went to the nearest library to my home one of course..... At the same time, I went to return my OVERDUE library books..... those that I borrowed for my stitching of soft toy....

Then I came to know that I have to pay $0.30 if I want to print a A4 document.... and it is only black and white.... $0.30 for a page!!! This is 6 times the amount I have to pay in NYP!
Imagine I have 9 pages to print.... and it is $2.70.... whereas I only need to pay $0.45 back in NYP.....

Gosh..... decided not to print at the library.... went to challenger instead.... thinking whether to get a new ink catridge or not.... in the end, I decided not to purchase my bus concession yet... thou it expires yesterday.....so use that money to buy the ink catridge... bought a colour one... so that I can print black and white too... thou it is wasteful to print black and white using colour ink.... this is the best option that I can think of at the moment.... I wouldn't want to risk printing them and doing it tomorrow in school.... 09 00hrs is the deadline.... to risky....

Suddenly, it reminds me of my college times.... how fortunate I am to be a Computer Science student (in case you all don't know, I took comp sci as my A level subject). We have a whole computer lab and a tutorial room (which became our study room during the A level) to ourselves..... P4 processor..... air-con room..... free printing...... free gaming place (when we got tired of studying during our As.. we will go over from the tutorial room to the comp lab...I am not the gaming type of person... but that time I do play yahoo pool and mahjong).....

It suddenly reminds me how fortunate I am then.....

0 comments (click to comment):