God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Friday, July 01, 2005

Volunteering

Well, I've decided not to join SHS Club for the next Academic Year. SHS Club is not just a CCA but it is also requires alot of committment. Just take a look at the last academic year. Sad to say, the people running the show are mostly the OT Students.... Taking alook at next semster timetable, I wonder how much time I have for myself. With 8am lecture and that means I must leave my house at 6.30am and that's if I not intending to be late.... and with lessons ending at 6pm.... that means even if I have nothing on aft that, I can only reach home at 7.15pm - 7.30pm?

And in another 11 hrs time I gonna leave the hse again.... haiz.... this will be my routine for the coming semster.... then again... that's IF I have no project discussions... no research to be done..... IF not, Library will be ours again..... and that's 9pm?

Just take a look at my timetable then..... do you think I have time to Volunteer in SHS?
Now even have to solve the problem of Volunteering in NPCC.... cH has officially hand over his work to me... and that means I not only have to guide the Cadets but also the instructors. With my elective ending at 5pm on Friday, how am I suppose to Volunteer myself?? And my instructors cannot make it as well.... Well, it's all 5-day week fault...
And sometimes, it is not that we don't want to volunteer.. but volunteers also need to study and/or work.... therefore, our only free time is SAT.... Volunteers are willing to turn up on weekends... but the rest? think that is sth that really needs to be solve.... if not, there may not be many volunteers left.

Guess, there's a will, there's a way..... but then, there's always a limit to how much a person can volunteer.....
There's always priorities..... things that are Far more impt... like earning money to pay for expenses and school fees and stuff....
As the saying goes,

泥菩萨过江, 自身难保.

Perhaps, maybe, I should try to solve my problems first before going on to others.... but then again.... If it is within my means to volunteer, why not?

If not YOU, WHO?
If not NOW, WHEN?
If not HERE, WHERE?

0 comments (click to comment):