God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Mr Brown and Faith (OT Student must read!!)

Was surfing Mr Brown 's blog when I came across this post by him regarding his daughter. If you guys didn't know, Mr Brown is Singapore's most popular blogger and he has an autistic daughter, Faith.

From what I see from the ST article , Faith has a very supportive family - all thanks to Mr Brown and his wife. ; )
Those who were attached to AWWA Special School last semester may have seen her.

Mr Brown has even set up a blog for the OTs and teachers to keep track of the happening's of Faith and at the same time, it serve as a communication channel.

Mr Brown has really done well for his part as a parent to help Faith.

Does this inspire you and motivate you to become a future OT to work with autistic children?
I'm not sure for you all but I think it sure does for me!

If fate allows, maybe I will see Faith in my next attachment if I'm attached to AWWA? = )

*Actually I'm curious about the blog that helps to keep track of the happening's of Faith* ; )

1 comments (click to comment):

Anonymous said...

wao..really touched to see the extent that Mr Brown went to create opportunities for Faith to communicate with others. Remember when I was working with the autistic children in SGH, it was tough initially to get them to leave thier parents for therapy due to their many insecurities. However, its really amazing to see how they eventually grow to rely on you or even run to you when they see you around and this is definitely a motivating factor for me to want to continue working in paediatrics. Awesome blog u've got here :)