God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Entrepreneurship in Healthcare

If I haven't told you guys what elective I'm taking this semester, I am going to tell you now. I'm currently taking : Entrepreneurship in Healthcare.

In this module, we are going to look into the link between healthcare services and business.

And one of the content is that we will be taught the implication of "Not for profit" status in public health care organization.
This actually leads me to think about the recent NKF incident. Many bloggers has been blogging about it and think there is no need for me to elaborate on it. Just wondering if the lecturer will bring up this incident as a case study? ; )

Oh, guess what? We had to come up with a booth during Entrepreneurship Day, a proposal presentation as well as a Business Entreprise Plan report for this module. Hmm... it looks like we are business men now... lolz...

Hmm.. we have to look into few healthcare organization for this module. They are

  • Osim
  • Health Tourism
  • Eu Yan Seng (International)
  • Raffles Medical Group

Remembered that Mr Bala, the main lecturer for this module asked why we wanted to take this elective. Mostly were because there weren't other modules available for them.

As for me, the reason of why I choose this module is because of my DREAM.

Thus, the question now is what is my DREAM.

My DREAM , not known to many, is to set up an organization to allow the mentally and/or physically challenged people to enage in outdoor activities, esp. the children and youth. I feel that they shouldn't be left out in these outdoor activites because of their disabilities. The OT skills that I am learning and going to learn will thus enable me to be able to plan suitable activities for these group of people. Whether is it going to be a "Non-profit organization" or not, I have yet to think about it. But even it is not going to be one, I don't mind giving subsidies to those who needs it.

Furthermore, I like the nature. I like outdoor activities. I like helping.

Therefore, I choose this elective rather than the Fitness for Life module that I previously wanted to take up.

0 comments (click to comment):