God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, July 10, 2005

NDP NE Show 1

Hmm... went to NDP NE Show 1 just now....
Feelings kinda affected by the Red Lions...
One of them actually sustained injuries from the waist down.....
He is Master Sergeant Chua Koon San.
Though I have witness the scene, I was kinda shocked and worried... and can't really remember how he fell and injured....
but I remembered that after he fell onto the ground, he was lying there motionlessly.....
He looked so helpless.... and the medical team /medics took like 30s - 1 min before they approached him... perhaps they were waiting to see if Master Sergeant Chua could stand up on his own.... but I feel that it was far too long... he didn't move at all... after he fell....

Well, of course the show has to carry on.... But it is kinda discouraging when you see someone lying down there and the whole parade is cheering.... haiz....
The medics took a spine board with them to carry Master Sergeant Chua. This resulted me to think at that point of time whether he has injured his spine..... Thou I'm not related to this Master Sergeant Chua but I kinda worried for him......

I've always respected those who particpate in NDP.... for, they are the pride of our nation...
I always respect them for the effort that they have put in..... For, I was once part of NDP....
I feel proud to be part of the NDP and I will always be.... whether as a participant or as a spectator..... Most importantly, I'm proud to be a Singaporean!

Thus, I wonder why Singaporeans want to give up their citizenship....
Though I am not in the era where Singapore fights for its independance... its self-government, etc
but I see how Singapore grow..... I see how Singaporeans fight together during the SARS period.... how closely we worked as a nation....
Sometimes in life, we shouldn't think of what the Nation can give us but what we can give the nation!


Our 6 NE messages (if you guys can remember) :

  • Singapore is our homeland; this is where we belong.
  • We must preserve racial and religious harmony.
  • We must uphold meritocracy and incorruptibility.
  • No one owes Singapore a living.
  • We must ourselves defend Singapore.
  • We have confidence in our future.

All these can be found in http://www.moe.gov.sg/ne/aboutne/sixmsgs.htm

Now when the world is vulnerable to bombings, attacks, terrorisms....
the more we should be united as a nation....
United we stand, Divided we fall.....

Soon, I am going to do my part for the Nation, SADeaf and of course for myself. I'll be going to sign the National Pledge( which sadly I didn't have the courage and confidence to do so just now) and the song uniquely yours.....

Last but not least, I pray that Master Sergeant Chua will recover soon! May god bless him!

0 comments (click to comment):