God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Monday, March 02, 2009

Singapore "Fengshui" Affected?

As I was chatting with Alvin on MSN yesterday, we were wondering what goes for Singapore Fengshui for 2009 after the "lightning attack" on the Merlion, one of Singapore's Tourist Icon.

As we all know, some of our tourists attractions landmark has been adjusted based on Fengshui. Taking the Singapore Flyers for example. Last year July, it has changed its direction dued to Feng Shui, so that it can bring fortune to Singapore. More details can be found here, a media release on Singapore Flyer Flying High with Fengshui. And we know in January, the Flyer stopped suddenly due to a small fire broke out in the control room.

As for the Merlion, for those who doesn't know, the MERLION has changed its location from the mouth of Singapore River to the current one that is adjacent to One Fullerton, which is just 120 metres away from the original location. Details can be found here. It was reported that the Merlion faces the east which is an auspicious Feng Shui position and is a symbol welcoming all tourists to the city of Singapore.

This is a photo of the Merlion that I took last year January, when I was showing Val around Singapore:

Merlion taken from my previous Panasonic 2MP phone

Anyway, this is the news report on the Merlion if you didn't catch it:



I know we shouldn't be joking about this, but on a lighter note, my colleagues and I were saying:

"Merlion has suffered from a head injury. Possibly a head concussion too. Currently, it is also having water retention from not able to pass out the water. It has to be on at least few weeks MC before it can be back to work. Till then, no visitors are allowed."

I also was asking my colleague why Merlion does not have a lightning conductor like most of our buildings and bus stops. And indeed in today's yahoo news, it was reported that they might considering having one. But I cannot imagine something sticking out of the Merlion head. Then wouldn't it look like a swordfish or something? Pondering....

Being cheeky and sarcastic, I was asking my ST colleague who is standing at around 1.92m whether will he be more likely to be strike by lightning than any of us, if we were all stand next to one another. So, it isn't too bad to be short..... just that maybe I have to jump to see things that other taller people can see with ease. Sigh. This so reminded me that I have to jump to see what is going on inside this supermarket (Topsmarket) when I was in BKK when someone can see that with ease... lolx... :


Other than these 2 landmarks/icons, there are also few more landmarks in Singapore based on Fengshui. One of such is the Esplanade and the other one is the Fountain of Wealth, including how Suntec City Towers were constructed. If anything is going to happen to any of our "fengshui-related" landmarks again, I seriously think there is something wrong with our fengshui. Maybe it is a warning to us.......

Like maybe others have said... ...

IS THIS A BAD OMEN?

Anyway, this seems to be a popular topic/thread in Forum. You can try to google it (using key words like: Merlion, Fengshui, lightning) and you will see many forums and blogs talking about it.

2 comments (click to comment):

Anonymous said...

you took the first picture using only 2MP? much better than what i imagine. never been in singapore before. maybe visit your country one day...

Eileen said...

Make Money Online:

Yes. Indeed. It was taken using my Panasonic 2MP phone. If there wasn't something wrong with the battery which is no longer in production, I wouldn't want to change. I love its camera and its smses function where I can personalize different SMS tones for different people (just like how we can assign ringtones to different people)

Okay... ...Singapore is not too bad a place to visit la...