God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

In-Service and Adidas Sale

This morning, I met up with Juat to have traditional breakfast at the coffee shop near my headquarters before we proceed for our bi-monthly in-service.

Nice Yummy Breakfast

During in-service, we had external speaker to come to talk to us on "Communication in the workplace."

Some of the interesting points that I remembered:
  • In our Asian culture, it is so easy to complaint, yet so difficult to give compliments.
  • Often than not, we tends to brush off the compliments, or doubts the compliments.
  • Communication has code and decode. When 1 person coded the message and the other decoded it differently, it will have different meaning and may lead to communication breakdown.
  • Guys and gals communicate differently. Guys just communicate straight to the point. When gals hungry, we can comment things like "I am so hungry till I can eat a horse!". Guys point of view(POV) - hungry just go and eat la.
After the in-service, Juat and me went down to Singapore Expo for the Adidas Sale. Initially when we arrived, we hesitated to go for it as we had to queue to go in and the queue was super long. But in the end, we still went to queue because we don't want to make a waste trip and do not want to regret not going in, even if we decided not to get anything. So we went to QUEUE!
Apparently, the queue moved quite fast and we only waited for approximately 20 minutes before we go in... ...

The queue behind us

The strategy we adopted was "see and take, later then decide". Then the first around of walking, these are the ones that we were interested in:



Well, we got to try them before we decide if we going to buy right? What if buy liao cannot wear? waste money right? So we decided to try.... but if no changing/trying room how?

This is what we did..... just wear it over our clothes and apparently that is what everyone else is doing!


Trying this tube dress over my t-shirt and shorts
(I like the dress... look at the bottom design... it has 3 different layers!)

A holter neck top

Euro 2008 top and blue skirt
(I like the design of the top!)

Opps..... caught in action!


Euro 2008 Top

Tank Top

Euro 2008 Orange Top again....
(wearing in a different way.... spot the different please?)

Helping Juat to try on the tights over my shorts
(you can see the contours of my right calf so clearly....)

Hooter blouse
(this is so cooooolz.... but only L size available! sad.... and only 1 piece left
does this look big on me?)

I cannot imagine I was there from 2.30pm to 6pm! And what "loots" did I got for myself?

A total of $120 spent.

And on the way out of Singapore Expo, we dropped by "the branded sale" and I got myself 2 shorts - $16.

A big hole in the pocket... but... I like my "loots"!

=P

2 comments (click to comment):

Anonymous said...

Wow, so many things you bought with your SG$120. That is very cheap!

Eileen said...

Tolanic.com,

Ya lo... supposed to be $140 one.. but when we were roaming around, still deciding what else to buy, the price of my 2 items dropped. Saved me $20. lolx.