God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Death

Today, over lunch with colleagues, we were talking about deaths. And one of them asked if we are afraid to die.

Hmm.... But sad to say, we are all closer to death each passing day. Whether you like it or not. And each birthday also means a year closer to death.

Some may know, others may not. I am actually near death not once but twice. Three times to be exact but I think the first time I might not die la.

These are my near death incidents:

  1. A taxi drove past me even though it was green man on the traffic light. I was just few centimetres away from the wheel. And I remembered very clearly that it was at the traffic light between Tampines Mall and Tampines MRT station.
  2. I nearly died of some breathing difficulties. I can't even breathe or talk. Any slight breathing movement was so difficult. Few minutes seems like hours. Can you imagine me waiting to see a doctor at the polyclinic and I have to wait like an hour? I could have die even having a chance to see the doctor. Worse off, I wasn't given any medication to relieve my congestion until I requested for some medication to breathe.
  3. I was nearly bang down by a on-coming car in BKK. Actually I was dashing across without realizing there is a car coming towards me on the right. And I can hear the car honking at me. Actually I was shocked for a few seconds after realizing it. That point in time, then I came to understand by what people always mean..... At the most crucial part of your life or near death incident, you will tend to think of someone important to you.
To me, if you want me to die.... just let me die la.... don't come and tell me I got how many years left... how many months left.....

I rather not know.

And... you will only know if you has truly done anything good (karma) in your this life, after you are dead.

What a life.

0 comments (click to comment):