God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

A compliment or a strategy?

A 7-8 year friend who I last met last year when we went to be instructors for a Pahang camp, called me. He said he has another friend who is an occupational therapist too.

He thought I was working in some hospital and only remembered when reminded him I was working in a Voluntary Welfare Organization. I mentioned that I am not working with the adults/elderly anymore but with children, although it is still at the same place.

He commented something like,

"Working with children require alot of patience right? But okay la.... you always have that extra tender, loving, care."


Well, maybe he had observed all these through our camping days as Cadet Inspectors in Ubin and during NCO camp. I got to agree that although I was strict with my cadets, when they fall sick, my heart just soften. I think maybe that's why I am working in a nurturing profession.

This reminds me of another incident where I was attending to a cadet inspector trainee back in my NPCC days. Can't remember if she was having high fever or sprain her ankle. Some days later, heard from another friend who was her seniors, that that gal commented that I was very caring towards her. Laugh. Sometimes it is wierd how a person remembers you for something you thought was just a small thing to us.

Anyway, I side-tracked alot. =X

Back to that call.....

So I asked him, so what you working as now? Well..... he is a financial advisor with one of the company. Alright.

So now, was the call going to be a catch up or is there agenda to it? Was that "tender,loving,care" a compliment of a truth or was it just a strategy?

I don't know. I may be thinking too much. But for a matter of fact, I don't make new friends who are FA anymore. Had really bad experiences with such people. I only be friends with those who I know before they become FA. Sometimes it is hard to know when are they true friends or those with agendas. Thus, to avoid any unhappiness or hurt from happening to know that had agenda instead, I choose not to make new friends who are FA. Unless, through friends or they proven themselves not to be so. haha..... it sounds like...... they are guity otherwise proven innocent uh? lolx....

That's all folks!

0 comments (click to comment):