God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Flag Day Experience

I had flag day with my organization yesterday. I went to Pasir Ris to take the tin then proceed to Bedok. When the tin was almost full, maybe 3/4 or something, my colleagues and I went back to Pasir Ris to take a new one to go to Tampines. Basically I have made a few observations:

  1. Doesn't mean rich people will donate more. Sometimes they are the most stingy people. Forget about asking donation from those ladies with LV bags. Often than not, they will just pretend that they never see you and walk past you.
  2. The common reason for not donating: Sorry, I don't have coins/small change.
  3. Older people seems to be more generous in donating.
  4. To take a puff from work stress, you just need a cigarettes and a lighter. Not forgetting an approved smoking area and a rubbish bin where you can throw cigarettes butts. No wallet or money is needed. Plus, you may get to make "smoking kakis" to go smoking together the next time.
  5. It is easier to get donation from family with kids. Often than not, the parents/adults will pass the coins to the child to ask them to put in the tin. (At least this is what happened to me when I was younger too.)

2 incidents that happened to me while doing Flag Day:
  1. An Indian middle-aged man donated. Took the sticker and paste in on the strap that was sling across my chest! WTH..... Yet he got the cheek to ask me why I took it out.
    (someone was suggesting to me to stick it on his forehead and tell him not to take it out! that was a good suggestion. maybe next time.)
  2. An old man was telling me to take donation from LKY. For he earns "4 thousand thousand", which means 4 million.(I never keep track of ministers salary. don't know if that infomation was correct) I just smiled to him. What else can I do?

I was very tired at the end of the day. Not forgetting we had aerobics class the day before. I slept at around 12 30am after smsing someone. =)

0 comments (click to comment):