God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Perception and Reality

"If I am I because I am I.
And you are you because you are you,
Then I am and you are.

But if I am I because you think I am
And because of what you think I am,
you are you because I think you are
Then, I am not and you are not."

- Quek, 2007
(adapted from Rabbi Medel of Kotsk, 1787 - 1859)


Perception is just an illusion. It may be the truth sometimes but not always. And because of one's perception of another person, it cause the other person's the have a perception of the person due to his/her perception of himself.

It is confusing in what I am saying...... in another words, I am just trying to say, perceptions can be a continuum cycle on how we view things/people and if the perception is not the truth, then it will cause more illusions.....

0 comments (click to comment):