God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Biomechanical Strain

Beginning of the year, 1 month after clinical, many of us are suffering from trigger points at the upper trapezius AKA upper trap.....

I guess it could be due to the long strenuous hours in front of the comp.... those doing transcripting for their FYP could probably understand our situations better.....

Not forgetting we could have gotten all the strains from the 8 weeks of clinicals.... and perhaps that adds on to the accumulation of the latic acid.... which leads to more trigger points.....

I've also realized that my posture has becoming worse.... my back extensor muscles are giving way to my flexor muscles..... perhaps it is due to the starting of the 20s?

OR maybe we are just more AWARE of our body..... or maybe.... we really need to exercise more....

Whatever it is.... I've just tried to apply some tiger palm to reduce the tension.... thou it is just the sensation relief.... it's better than nothing.... I don't have a hot pack at home.... neither anyone at home knows trigger point release....

Haha.... but I seriously need some trigger point release and neck traction......

0 comments (click to comment):