God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Interesting Video Clips on disability

I have been surfing around the net to see if I can find blogs of parents with ASD children in Singapore, where I accidentally found this interesting blog that has few video clips that I would like to share with my fellow friends, esp. OTties. =)

The first clip that I watched is I Autistic: A documentary on autism. This got me interested as I am currently doing a research paper related to autism for my final year project AKA FYP.
The description of the documentary can be found at the URL.

The next video clip that I've watched is Breaking the sound barrier. This clip talks about the difficulties faced by the people with hearing disability - integration into mainstream education and the community, communication and to find a job.

From the 2nd video clip, I like these quotes from the parent:

".... it will be good if education in Singapore for children with special needs be more inclusive. Try to have more children as possible in the mainstream school."

"Don't think of your child as a handicapped child. Think of him as a child who has a handicap. He's a child FIRST, like all other children. His handicap is secondary."

0 comments (click to comment):