God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Nation in Concert: Many People, Once Voice

Today, I went to watch a play/show (drama, song and dance) @ Esplanade Concert Hall.....


I think it is really worth for money.... it is very nice... very entertaining too... but most importantly.... very inspiring....

"If you don't help people when you can, you cannot expect people to help you when you need them."

It is all about giving.... volunteerism.... all the casts are all volunteers.... all coming together with the same objectives - Education, Empowerment and Enrichment.

I think they have met their objectives, for :
  1. It has educated the public to see the minority as people with talents and ablities rather than their disablities.
  2. It has empowered the minority to allow them to showcase their talents... to allow them to contribute to the society as well.... and to empower them to educate the public....
  3. For me personally, it has enriched my life.... and as a volunteer myself, it has inspired me to continue to serve the community....

I really enjoyed the show very much.... and it is my 1st show in the Esplanade Concert Hall!!!!

AND I am very proud of myself and my classmates that we have decided to watch this show...


The Occupational-Therapists-To-Be @ A Nation in Concert:


Oh ya.... we also saw our sign language instructor who taught us sign language during last year NDP and we took a photo with her (Evelyn Chye- Interpreter for the show) :


A photo with the Can't the Slug and the bumble bee:


Another photo with Christina Sergeant the Auntie Stick Insect, and 2 xtomic members:

*argh... my hair is soo messy.... lol....*

Anyway, applaud to all the volunteers who made this a success..... ;)

0 comments (click to comment):