God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Fall Prevention Education for the Elderlys from the Lion Befriender

Last saturday, we had to educate the elderlys from the Lion Befrienders on fall prevention.

Thought as OTs, we have done alot of such educations, but this is my 1st time presenting in HOKKIEN......

If you think presenting in mandarin using powerpoint was tedious (for those who get used to presenting in English).... how about presenting it in dialects?

wow.... at first I thought of just translating what the mandarin speaker (H2O) was saying, so I didn't prepare a speech of what to say (was too tired the day before and slpt before 10am)...

BUT, to my dismay, I had to present to the whole crowd at my first session in Hokkien!!! argh....
But luckily, there wasn't much of a problem la... lol....

And to make my day, an elderly said:

" You look like malay. You got very big and nice eyes. You looked very sweet! If I have a camera, I would like to take a photo with you!"

So sweet right?? haha.... but when H2O heard that.... she wanted to puke... haha... =) But you don't mind right? cos


" Those who mind, does not matter and those who matter doesn't mind..... "

0 comments (click to comment):