God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

YEC Meeting

Today, it was announced that I will hold 2 port folio in the committee - General Secretary and Adventure Secretary. For some reasons, the previous Secretary has stepped down. Since there is no one above the age or nearing the age of 21, who is suitable to be one, I was called up by the chairman about 2 weeks ago to check with me if I am okay with the additional port folio.

Well, I was cool with it, except that I not sure if I can commit fully to the role of a General Secretary i.e. I cannot be sure that I will make it for all the meetings... but I WILL TRY.... since I am one of the OLDEST people serving in this committee for the 3rd term... I must PROVE it ya?

Next, got to be busy with the set-up of the Sports and Adventure sub-group under YEC.... got to work with B, Sports Secretary. I had few activities in mind already. Just need to put it down onto paper.....
Not forgetting there is this teambuilding for YEC, where B and I have to play for teambuilding games. I thought of some beach soccer, volley ball, water captain ball etc. Teambuilding activities that need us as facilitators were excluded as it may not allowed us to bond with the team.

Mentoring program was brought in as an agenda as well. I felt that it was more of a befriender program than mentoring itself. If it is just the name, then it doesn't matter. I am just concern with the role of the so-called MENTOR plays. I am also more concern with the training of the mentor... cos I feel that recuiting mentors is fine... but I believe training must be given to these mentors, in case there are any difficult situations, these MENTORS know how to handle or knows who to approach.

I also feel that yes, there can be programs for the mentors and mentees... but I feel that it is also important for these mentees to intergrate with the community and not segregate them...
Well... all these are just some thoughts of mine...

Meanwhile I have to just wait for the top to provide us with more details.... before I contribute more of my thoughts.... cos I do not know where this is actually heading etc.

In other news, I really like the photo that we took in BINTAN.... I really like the TEAM!! Thanks boss for the pic!



Instructors of MegaCamp 2005

0 comments (click to comment):