God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Updates ...... Tiring Week

Been very busy lately... ...
Went to 2 activities back to back - YEC Teambuilding in MCC Ubin Resort and NAS NPCC Annual Camp 2005.

Now I shall updates on the happenings ... ...

YEC Teambuiling
I had my Teambuilding in Marina Country Club Ubin Resort. As a adventurer secretary, with another committee member of mine, B, we had some ice-breakers and teambuiling for the team.
Before the teambuilding game started, we went for jaccuzi. I was deciding to go into the jaccuzi in my shirts and shorts or erm..... Binkini? In the end... ... I decided to be in Bikini..... Cos in Ubin lesser ppl as compared to Sentosa mah.....


Next, I kicked of the teambuiling activity with Check - in (my brownie was there tooo....) . Then we played the game - Makan, movie, safari and we ended the ice-breaker with WACKO..... and well.... I had to do a forfeit for it!! Darn.... luckily only banana dance ....

Beach soccer and volleyball was the teambuilding games that we had planned..... The usual teambuiling games weren't used because I cannot be faciliator and partcipants at the same time .....

E was the most rough person in the beach soccer..... she was like playing hand ball.... pushing ppl.... grapping ppl by the arms etc..... but well..... we all had fun .....

Volleyball game was nice also..... glad that they enjoyed themselves.... and me too....

Had BBQ for dinner ... ... looks like the OLDER ppl are BBQing while the younger one just sat down and waiting to be served ... ... maybe, maybe because there are limited tongs to do the BBQing.... I decided to give them the benefit of doubt.....

Some thoughts thou.... WHY so some people think that he/she is always right?? Can't be someone younger than you be right too?? Perhaps... ... I am not just used to it ba... Cos I am always the ONE BBQing for my friends during Class BBQ.... ..... So I am sharing my experiences..... But Then.... forget it.... I still won't prevent me from sharing experiences with others.... This dinner.... caused me to have tens over mosquito bites which will itch now and then ..... Realise that I didn't eat much.... and seems like the younger ones finished up the most.... = X

Went back for planning of next year year plan...... Was sharing with the committee the activities that B and I thought of having .... Not sure if I was over-sensitive.... but I felt that someone was trying to put me down.... trying to find things that make my planning don't look well ..... or maybe trying to make himself/herself to look good.... I don't know.... this is what I feel.... or maybe it is to "troubleshoot".... But I still reserve my comments.... this incident does not and WILL NOT, make me DISHEARTED.... cos I WILL PROVE you wrong..... YOUNG AGE doesn't not mean INEXPERIENCE .....
The workplan ended at 12plus....after 4 hrs or so discussions...... and ended with another 4 hrs of crapping sessions.... which ended at 4+am..... with me still in my attire that I played the games with..... and soon... everyone went back to our rooms.... and me? bathe in the VERY early morning at 4+ and went to sleep after that.... I can't be bothered to wait for my hair to dry....

Hmm... then morning... we had nothing much.... had a few game of mahjong... then get ready to go off liao.....

After that, went to rid hse for his bday....

Reflections that I wrote when I was in Ubin:

Once again, I'm back to ubin. A place where there are fond memories
with different groups of people.
The boat ride to MCC Chalet passes OBS and it reminded me of the 9 days OBS Leadership Couse that I had, which is also around the same time of the year, 4 years back. Looking out to the shore, it reminded me of the experiential camp as well. OEP seems like yesterday but it is already yesteryear.

I started to miss QD Team. I do not know why. It is something that I
can't really explain. Though I knew this QD Team much more later than some
members in the committe, I seems more comfortable with the QD Team than the YEC Committee (other than I am more comfortable in wearing binkini here, but it does not concern the TEAM but the environment la...)


I was glad that the "older" ones participated actively in the games as
well....




Annual Camp 2005

I was really tired when I wake up... ... was even thinking of not going in the morning... But well, I still went.... Saw Daddy Sanath online and ask him why he was up so early but I was shutting down my comp before geeting a reply from him as I was leaving the house soon. He replied and ask me to take care in the camp!!! So sweet right?? Thank you, Daddy.... Though have been camping for years as instructors,which all these camps are nothing to us..... it is these little messages that makes our day.... it makes us feel that, though we may be garang and stuff.... we are still human.... and that we need care and concern too wor..... ;-) Daddy Sanath also offered to send us supper.... ask us to sms him if we want.... SO SWEET RIGHT??

To be frank, I wasn't actually excited for the camp. I do not really know why. When I reached unit, things seem so slow, campers moving slow..... but well... it is common la...

Left the camp at 10+, almost 11, after finished helping the NCOs to tie up the singel rope pull. In the bus, I slept through the 1hr journal which seems like 3 hrs ..... Reached school slightly after 12... and had my lunch before I started my research on my clinicals..... I was tired and don't feel like doing any research... but thanks to S, I went on to search for more stuff and ended up with 2 books with me for camp and 3 in the locker....

I also collected back some of my assignments from the lecturers..... Finally I can have my Creativity Assignment back..... After which, I went for the preparatory course for my clinicals.... it ended almost at 6 which I then headed back to NAS......

Got my dinner and a new hp battery on the way back to NAS. Reached unit around 7+. Campfire preparation.... mock campfire.....

AT 11+, Daddy Sanath called and said that he is sending supper over and ask us what we wanted.... Luppy and HX had their share too.... I was so paiseh la.... that I ask Rid to talk to him.... me shy mah.... lolz.... Though Daddy Sanath said that he would reach in an hour time, I think he took only like 1/2 hr or even less than that. Rid and I went to wait for Daddy.....

I was so touched la..... I mean even though daddy stays in tampines, he is not obliged to send us anything.... furthermore, this is not DQ camp leh.... ;-) Really.... I really appreciate it very much....

So what's for supper?? Daddy got us: 4 packets of mee goreng, 4 partas, 2 coffees and 4 teh tarik.... ;-) Forget to take photos.... if not, I will publish it here.... to share the warmth and love with all... hehe...

Had a debrief with the NCOs and then went to bath.... slept at around 3+.... was remicsing the MegaCamp with Rid... until HX felt so left out and he went into the room to sleep.

The 2nd day...... I was a little bored..... so I took lotsa brownie's photos.... some with the help of rid.....

It was until the campfire committee was preparing the firewood..... well.... I guess there were different expectations from both parties.... but anyway it was settled, isn't it?

It was drizzling and started to pour when the campfire was about to start. We had no choice but to activate our wet weather program. But after few songs...... the rain stoped and we continued with our campfire.... it was until the campfire ended that the sky started to pour again...... so I think HE read the email and sms late la... ;-)

And well.... I had to be a liar..... to rid..... cos the NCOs wanted to celebrate Yas ,John's and rid bday..... so I had to lie to him that Ms lee wanted to see us... lolz... and HE BELIEVES!!! Maybe.... I should go and take part in 明星偶像..... lol....

Things seems alittle better.... but slower towards the end la.... but everything ended out well.....

Photos to be published after I have uploaded them.....

Had our rest pretty early so compared to the day before... it was 1+..... Haha....

To the NCOs:

I am glad to see the improvements in you. Hope that all the unhappiness (if there is) have been settled and BURNT away during the campfire that night. Hope to see a better camp for the sec 1 orientation as I believes that everyone will do better after each experience. If not, we have not learnt! Take care and have a good rest!

2 comments (click to comment):

Anonymous said...

"If you messed up and learn something, it's experience. If you messed up and learn nothing, it's a mistake."

Xiuling ma'am, you probably heard of this but this quote crossed my mind upon reading your words to your NCOs.

You are such a great motivator and I really wish to learn from you.

Eileen said...

Terri, why call ma'am? shouldn't it be doggie, sis or 狗?lolz...

Hmmm.... it is better to motivate ppl than to put ppl down mah... ;-)