God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Something to ponder about

Sometimes I wonder if our expectations of life has changed with better education. I see more and more people becoming career-minded and focus more in work than in relationship. Come to think of that, we spent hours and hours in our work and sometimes even at home after office hours and that when we come home, we are back facing the 4 walls (of course we have our familiies). Do we work to live or live to work? Are we working so hard that we lose the focus in life? What do we really want in life?


I was wondering if education makes a person changes their expectations in life, including what kind of life partners they are going to be with. I came to know that one of my friends has gotten a wife from overseas. (not sure if it was from countries such as vietnam and china). And I also have few friends whose preferred partners are of the same gender as them. Not too sure if the society has become more open-minded or that our expectations have become higher to find the one. Or that we are no longer looking for the typical type of relationship that the society used to have?

It is just something to ponder about ... ... something that just cross my mind among my hectic school work.

0 comments (click to comment):