God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

3 Cheers for the Singapore Lions!

For those who knows me, I was never a die-hard fan of any soccer team. But tonight, I actually watched the whole ASEAN Football Championship of Singapore vs Thailand.

Perhaps it is my patriotic nature.... I always enjoyed participating/watching events that makes me Singaporean. So, even sitting on the stool watching the match telecast live on channel 5 at home, it makes me feel proud being a Singaporean.

I can't imagine myself screaming softly when Singapore scored a goal!!! I'm really proud of how everyone put in their very best performance during the match and never fail to keep their cool. Though Singapore was playing defence most of the time, (correct me if I'm wrong, I alrdy say I'm not a die hard fan), Khairul Amri managed to score a goal in the 80th minute after a solo run. Goalkeeper Lionel Lewis also saved afew balls from scoring. During the last 10-15mins or so, he had some muscle pull at the thigh I think..... and the referee gave him a yellow card when he took slightly longer to kick the ball....

I can't imagine myself having a heart attack when the Lions missed the many few chances of scoring a goal. But the thais are playing very well too.... their attacks were good.... their teamwork and passing were good as well.....

But nevertheless, I was very happy that we won the cup again!!!

(apologies if any soccer terms are used wrongly. I already say I'm not a die-hard fan.)

0 comments (click to comment):