God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Aging Mother and Aging me!

I realized that my mom is aging!!! Her sense of hearing is declining.

More often than not, sometimes I have to increase my volume to talk to her. And just few days ago, my brother was on the line on her hp..... and she passed the phone over to me..... my godness... I have to put the phone at least 5 cm away from my ears!
Haiz... no wonder sometimes she says she never hear her hp rings when she's at work....

Anyway, she's wearing those long sightedness glasses for the elderly too.....

***************************************

Today is the 2nd time of the week that the photocopy aunty called me "Jie Jie" with respect to the other students in NYP......

I was at the photocopy lady yesterday and there was this guy.... I think should be nursing student yr 1..... he had some problems with printing A4 into A3..... So I tried to help and I was successful. =) Then he thanked the aunty and me. Then the aunty was saying, "Don't thank me. Thank the Jie Jie behind."

I was like "..................." Laughs. I guess the "boy" must be wondering "why must I call her Jie Jie." I guess not alot of people know that we (allied health students) are slightly older than them... not alot actually.... just like 5 years difference if they are year 1 health science student ONLY mah..... haha....

Today again...... she did it again.... haha.... The photocopy machine was taking so long that there was a short queue behind me..... then she said "You all have to wait ah... this jie jie is taking a long time to print her things....." Then she started talking why I never go to business side.... there got more "handsome guys" and then again she said they are all younger than us....

Then came this "PC serviceman" and GUESS WHAT???
She like trying to be matchmaker like that..... she was talking to the "PC serviceman": "Hey, this girl is asking why her things is printing so slowly. You tell her why leh."

I was like .......... I am innocent!!! haha.... I wasn't offended or anything lah.... I mean at least something to pass time chatting with aunty.... I think I was there for like 30 mins!!! But luckily the pc serviceman came only at the last 5 mins.... haa.... But was suprise that aunty actually knows that I am from OT!!!! haha....

And well, she reminded me that I am not getting any younger.... age is catching up..... and my health too.... guess got to do something about them soon.

0 comments (click to comment):