God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Future ... ...

Okay.... 2 CNY days past.... time to do alittle write-ups on my future plans.... since it was a common question that people ask for the past 2 days ... ...

Some common questions:

1) When are you graduating?
Me: around 3 more months.

2) So you intend to further your studies?
Me: Yup. Cause it only takes me 1 yr for my degree conversion. (if I do it onshore.)


Well, had a talk with my mom regarding some degree conversion thingy... but she don't seems to understand what I am trying to say... gave up telling her too... she doesn't seems to see why I gave up taking Engineering in NTU and decided to take up Occupational Therapy. And she doesn't seems to see why there's a need for continuing education.... as in going to a degree.
She also doesn't seems to understand why studying something that I like, though it isn't a degree is more important than a degree itself.

Anyway, getting a degree is something that I always wanted, for both myself and the family, as I want to be the 1st or one of the first to be awarded with a degree. So, it will not matter how long it takes for me to get a degree, so long I get one. =p

Well, I think the root of the problem is that all the allied health courses for A level students should not start in a poly right from the start. Sigh.

Well, but whatever may be, I have already decided few options:

If I managed to get a place in overseas university (i.e. Curtin or Uni of South Australia),

1) And if I managed to get a scholarship, then I will go overseas for a year.

2) If no scholarship, I may defer for 1 - 2 years to save up.

3) Wait for the organization that I am going to work in to sponsor me. (low probabilty)


If not, I will do a part-time degree conversion while I work full-time, which is at the moment more highly likely as I need to contribute to the family soon. The longer I wait to do my degree conversion overseas, the lesser probability of me going as my parents are aging... ... unless I have the income to sustain myself and the family for the time that I am not working... ...

Shall see how things go. Anyway, have tried to apply for 2 unis - curtin and Uni SA. And I was shortlisted for the special needs officer by the MOE. I asked a few questions regarding how much autonomy we can have if we have certification / qualification in occupational therapy. And also whether MOE is considering hiring occupational therapists.

Yup. So at least this is my options for now but I do keep my options open. =)

0 comments (click to comment):