God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Daily Reflections for Highly Effective People (1 January - 7 January)

I just bought a book - Daily Reflections for Highly Effective People ( reference from the book - Living the 7 habits of highly effective people) by Stephen R. Covey.

This are the Reflections for 1 January - 7 January :


1 January

"If we want to change a situation, we first have to change ourselves. And to
change ourselves effectively, we first have to change our perceptions."

2 January

"We must look at the lens through which we see the world, as well as at the world we see, and understands that the lens itself shapes how we interpret the world."

3 January
"The Character Ethic, which I believe to be the foundation of success, teaches that there are basic principles of effective living, and that people can only experience true success and enduring happiness as they learn and integrate these principles into their basic characters."

4 January

"The Personality Ethic tells me there must be something out there -
soem new planner or seminar that will help me handle pressures in a more effective way.


But is there a chance that efficiency is not the only answer?
Is getting more things done in less time going to make a difference - or it will
just increase the pace at which i react to the people and circumstances that
seem to control my life?


Could there be something I need to see in a deeper, more fundamental
way - some paradigm within myself that affects the way I see my time, my life,
and my own nature?"


5 January


"If I try to use human influence strategies and tactics of how to get other people to do what I want, to work better, to be more motivated, to like me and each other - while my character is fundamentally flawed, marked by duplicity and insincerity - thrn, in the long run, I cannot be successful. My duplicity will breed distrust, and everything I do - even using so-called good human relations techniques - will be preceived as manipulative."

6 January
"To focus on technique is like crammingyour way through school. You sometimes get by, perhaps even get good grades, but if you don't pay the price day in and day out, you never achieve true mastery of the subjects you study or develop an educated mind."

7 January

"We simply assume that the way we see things is the way they really are or the way they should be. And our attitudes and behaviours grow out of those assumptions."

0 comments (click to comment):