God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Dad is discharged

Dad has been discharged last Wednesday. Thank God for allowing us overcoming this calamity.

Although it was really very tiring to travel twice a day to the hospital for the first 4 days, I guess it was all worth it, being able to stay beside dad. I realize that I had been so busy with my own life that I failed to see how much dad and mom has aged and that Dad is going to turn 68 soon.

It was also during his stay at the hospital that we had the longest conversation ever. Chatting about his work, my work and also his grandchildren. Although dad is a man with few words, he pretty aware of what is happening and also remembers significant events in the family.

No one is going to know what is going to happen next. I will try to spend more time with my dad and mom. Hopefully to be able to bring them overseas, at least once in their lifetime.

P.S: A photo that I secretly took when dad is finally able to sit up in bed. My Dad is someone who doesn't like to take photos. 

One of dad's daily routine - reading 新明日报。

I begin to realize the traits in the guys that I fall for, are those similar in my dad's, for e.g. stubbornness, man with few words, doesn't like to go out, doesn't like to take photos, ego... and these are just few examples. Not too sure if these are just coincident.

0 comments (click to comment):