God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. And ME to share all the pain, laughter, tears, sorrow,happiness, sun and rain with you! Let us endure all the 暴风雨 and 彩虹 together!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

End of 3 year journal

I can't believe that I have gone through 3 years of my OT education. It may seem hectic at times with abundance of assignments and presentations. I still remembered the times where we have to study for Anatomy written and practical exams where we had to remember all the attachments of every muscles and their actions. I can also vividly remembered the faces of all us when we first entered the Anatomy practical room to see our "Dear Cadaver" for the 1st time. And of course some of us had just taken our lunch... ...

Year 1 was a rather "dry" year for all of us.... and well, I admit and is guilty for being one of those students who slept during lectures (esp. Physiology).. haha.... I would say it was a hard time trying to stay awake when the environment was so conducive for sleeping. (I can't imagine if I'm taking student in the future and she/he sees this entry... lol) And I guess I persevered. And I think maybe no one would thought that I could survived that long too... .haha...

Things got much more interesting in year 2..... where we got so much hands on... from mobility to LLD (esp. meal preparation) to Human Occupations to Groups to Leisure .... it was indeed the most enjoyable year.

All the fun and laughters didn't stop when we come to year 3. It is just an increase in other areas, e.g. Stress, more sophicated assignments (e.g. models), more arguements discussions, more time spent in the library, more clinicals, more time spent in frint of the computer... of course more "lameness" in some of us... ...

The mad rush since December was the time that I think we should all deserved that pat on the back.... with FYP, Assignmemts, Exams, Student Conference and lastly Clincials. This mad rush has made many of us fall ill, and that includes yours truly.

Now that everything has ended, and not quite. But it soon will after our results are release. Some of us will depart to continue your student role in Australia while some of us will step into the role of Occupational Therapists. We will no longer include the word "student" in our documentations.

Now, are we ready?

Perhaps this is the time to sort out all our thoughts and feelings. I don't know what path I will take now. I will just take a step at a time now. Maybe the 1st thing I should do now is to clear my room. I have lots of notes lying around. Maybe if I am lucky, I will head to Australia for my Degree Conversion. If not, I will just stay in Singapore for the moment. But now, it seems it is more of the latter.

Whatever it is.... it was a truly enjoyable 3 years... If I were to be given to choose between NTU Enginnering and NYP Occupational Therapy, I think I wll still stick to OT.

Sorry for such a long post..... See you guys soon.....

0 comments (click to comment):